Sold / Found / Inactive - Aluminium box section swingarm

Leslie

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
For sale,
I have re-engineered a modern aluminium box section swingarm kit to replace the XS650 tubular mild steel standard swingarm , this is for a drum brake XS650 although I can manufacture one for the Disc brake version.

The kit comes as a straight replacement with a new aluminium brake torque arm.

A new rear wheel spindle bolt to suit the existing XS650 rear wheel & existing bearings manufactured from 304 grade stainless steel. (OEM spindle nut to be used).

A new extended drum brake rod app 30mm.

2 x new rear swingarm needle bearings IKO (Japanese) and a new 304 stainless steel outer tube, to suit the existing XS650 swingarm pivot bolt.

lesliesainthotmailcoukSW-10.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

The drive chain may need extending or replacing as the ali swing arm is slightly longer than standard.

The swing arm does not come with a chain guard or the nylon swing arm chain protector that sits on the top of the swing arm although they are still available to buy from the manufacturer:

Kawasaki OEM number: 55020-1154 product number: 550201154

They are priced at $500 plus postage from the United kingdom to wherever that may be.

Leslie

Attachments

• lesliesainthotmailcoukSW-11.jpg
    lesliesainthotmailcoukSW-11.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 2
  • lesliesainthotmailcoukSW-5.jpg
    lesliesainthotmailcoukSW-5.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF7272.jpg
    DSCF7272.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 2
Of course I can :)

I sourced 5 (al l the same model) don't know exactly the model but they were Kawasaki.

The part number for the front of swing arm chain protector is

Kawasaki OEM number: 55020-1154 product number: 550201154

Man Leslie you sure have made the Kawasaki KLR 250 swingarm into a real piece of artwork. Looks like you have put some effort into those things. Some day maybe I will be able to afford to be swinging like you man!!! :bow2:

Crazy,
the swing arm it's self is about 30mm longer. I need an extra 4 links on my 520 O-ring chain

I think they are not to long aesthetically as my photos show although it is a matter of taste.

Leslie

Man Leslie you sure have made the Kawasaki KLR 250 swingarm into a real piece of artwork. Looks like you have put some effort into those things. Some day maybe I will be able to afford to be swinging like you man!!! :bow2:

Street,
Thanks for that, the time taken is substantial as I had to remove the original anodised surface. to expose the aluminium body and polish the viewed surfaces and paint the internal unseen surfaces

Then I had to have 2 x saddles to weld to the swing arm to sit the rear shocks manufactured on a CNC they were welded by a coded professional welding shop.

I include in the kit a new 20Ø rear wheel spindle that is manufactured from 304 stainless steel, so it will fit a standard rear wheel set up no need to change any bearings. Retaining the OEM spindle nut

The front of the swing arm has had new needle bearings fitted (IKO Japan), and a new external tube for the standard swing arm pivot to go through

I am selling them at $500 plus postage with insurance costs, I am making a small profit out of this which is being re-invested into my bike projects.

Leslie

Lads,
Another photo this time showing chain side of the swing arm complete.

Checked the tyres 28psi front 32psi rear and had a blast to Clay Cross and Matlock Bath (RAMMED).

The ali swing arm definitely improves the handling, possibly due to the improved rigidity and possibly due to the slight increase in length from a standard swing arm the cornering is well sorted. must pay more attention to checking my tyre pressure's a bit more regular ???

LESLIESSWINGARM6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
lads make that 1 swing arm kit left, as one is on its way to Canada Monday

Lads,
I was quoted from £116 to £149 to post the swing arm to Canada via Royal Mail UPS FED EX etc etc that is with pick up from my house except for Royal Mail, I tried Parcels2GO.com F++KING HELL £61 turns out it is picked up by Fed ex when I tried their site direct it was over £130 how's that work then

leslie

I was quoted £40-£50 to send a pair of forks up to Lincolnshire this week but only £17.70 on Parce2Go.. By the same courier - CityLink! :wtf:

Back