Sold / Found / Inactive - Aluminium box section swingarm

Would be great if people in the states did a group buy!! I imagine shipping to where I am is $$$. Maybe I'll be hitting you up this coming winter.

lifted,
I am not a professional builder, I have a full time occupation (Engineer).

I only made 5 (1 left eBay item number:331154190581).

It was a project as the swing arm I wanted JMC of the UK went out of business, so I came across 5 x donor mono swing arms at a breakers and proceeding to re-engineer to suit a twin rear shock.

When I sell the last one I have just broken even. And that is if I can source anymore of the same swing arms

If I were to make anymore then they would be an increase in cost.

The fourth one has been sent to Canada, the guy arranged his own delivery through Parcel2Go.com - they are proper cheap

Leslie

really bad spot for me to buy one, just starting the project I need to get all the elecs and tracker seat/or/custom seat before I do "fancy" stuff. This is a side project for me, not a full out build, yet.

Interested in explaining how to modify it to fit in case you dont do any more?

I have buds with CNC mills and lathes, so that's no problem talkin them into helpin with some custom stuff.

For sale,
I have re-engineered a modern aluminium box section swingarm kit to replace the XS650 tubular mild steel standard swingarm , this is for a drum brake XS650 although I can manufacture one for the Disc brake version.

The kit comes as a straight replacement with a new aluminium brake torque arm.

A new rear wheel spindle bolt to suit the existing XS650 rear wheel & existing bearings manufactured from 304 grade stainless steel. (OEM spindle nut to be used).

A new extended drum brake rod app 30mm.

2 x new rear swingarm needle bearings IKO (Japanese) and a new 304 stainless steel outer tube, to suit the existing XS650 swingarm pivot bolt.

lesliesainthotmailcoukSW-10.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lesliesainthotmailcoukSW-11.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lesliesainthotmailcoukSW-5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCF7272.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The drive chain may need extending or replacing as the ali swing arm is slightly longer than standard.

The swing arm does not come with a chain guard or the nylon swing arm chain protector that sits on the top of the swing arm although they are still available to buy from the manufacturer:

Kawasaki OEM number: 55020-1154 product number: 550201154

They are priced at $500 plus postage from the United kingdom to wherever that may be.

Leslie
Hello. Can you please send me a picture of the swingarm an please confirm that it would work on a1978 XS 650. Thanks. Bill

Back