amputee motorcycling

Hey inxs
I thank you for posting this for all the world to see. I have gotten maybe 2 dozen amputees asking for information on riding motorcycles (again). I'm an AKA left leg.
I bought my project bike about 2 years before my accident (3-24-06) and parked it until about a month ago.
I got sooo lucky....On ebay I found a gentleman that made a right hand shifter for the xs650's....Like King Kenny Roberts used back in the day racing the XS punched out to a 760 against the Harley's, Triumphs, BSA's, And all the rest of crazy flat trackers.
Sorry for rambling on...any way...I just wanted to thank you for all my "peg-leg brothers and sisters....Take care
jimi.....I have a picture on DRA's page....

hi guys back in about 2002,, in orbost ,,i was lucky too meet a nice guy called graig ..........up near the panel shop in orbost,,, and he had 2 artificial legs ,, due to juevenial diabetes ,,,built like a skinny jockey.. but also a heavy smoker,,,, anyway i first saw nim on a xj650 turbo with his family friendly motorbike club jacket on FLYING thru... lakes entrance at which point i watched as he passed 5-6 cars on the left hand bend and dissappeared out of site..we actually became good friendsit never slowed him down,,, 1 day he said to me ,,,if your scared to ride your gs1000,,, jump the back behind me and we,ll FLY down to bairnsdale..... and my comment was NO,, i,ve seen how you ride... ,,,he ws like that chainsawing tons of firewood in the forest out of orbost.. suddenly my dramas were not much at all regards oldbiker

Back