angle of one piece braided brake line banjo bolts

summerman

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I can see that the lower banjo bolt is a 45 degree angle so you can get to nipple but what is the required angle to have top and bottom banjo bolts aligned at? Some of the custom brake line companies allow you to get them at 45 90 180 degrees. Do I need it at 90 degrees or will it twist a little?

I have universal bars on. (low wide) and want a one piece brake line. Has anybody ordered one and what angle (twist) did you get for the alignment of the two bbanjo bolts in relation to each other. Thanks. F:):)irst build and steep learning curve here.

If you get one from Mike's I think it has a 15 or 30 degree angle on both ends. Not a 45.
The ends thread to the line with AN-3 fittings so you can rotate them to what even position that lets the line lay straight.
If I was to get them from somewhere else I would order two 30 degree banjo fittings and a brake line and assemble it myself.
Once you get the caliper and master cylinder on the bike use a 3/8 inch rubber hose, hold one end at the m/c and thread it down to the caliper. mark it for the length you feel is right. Be sure you have the forks fully extended while you do this, if not you may get to short a line.
Pull the rubber hose out and measure to get the length you need.
Leo

do I need any special tools to assemble a brake line? they have them already done and tested for about 25-50 bucks but I need to know angles/ rotations. Anybody order one with rotated banjo bolts? Thanks for above reply.

What length do you need? I just happen to have 2 black lines from Goodridge with the proper ends you will need. They are universal lines with swivel ends that you put together. Very simple, but look pretty nice if you are after the black look. I have 43" I believe which is good for stock height handlebars.

If you want to order one yourself to eliminate dealing with any twist, any dealer can get them for you. Your looking at about $50 a line. You will need a 0* on the master side and a 30* on the other.

I used goodridge line from 650central. Have straight fitting on caliper and master...no problems mounting or bleeding. I have drag bars...I might change top banjo though for a lil more clearance. But not an issue now uploadfromtaptalk1396651563105.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396651621627.jpg

A straight banjo is usually fine on top but the bottom is better if angled slightly. As far as how the two ends are fixed, the same will work but 90° to one another is probably better.

BrakeHoseLowerFitting.jpg

Back