Another craigslist moron

So that we can enjoy this foolishness forever, here's a screen shot :devil:

Attachments

• xs1100_180mph.jpg
    xs1100_180mph.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 110
They actually competed in the AMA Superbike championship, but lasted just about as long as the BMWs, but at least Reg Pridmore won the first year's championship on a BMW. That was the last (and only) successful shaftie in superbike. The XS1100 won an endurance race or two, but was heavy as hell compared to the Hondas and Suzukis, and was very quickly non-competitive. This is an article on a chain drive conversion bike that was faster, but never raced here.

http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2397.0

Speaking of people who shouldn't be allowed near a welder..

TRIKE - AUTOMATIC - WILL REPAINT - $7995 (APPLETON)

Date: 2012-09-06, 9:12PM CDT
Reply to: see below

***** NOTE: IF YOU WOULD PREFER A DIFFERENT COLOR - WE WILL PAINT IT TO YOUR COLOR OF CHOOSE AT NO ADDITIONAL COST. *****

AM SELLING MY CUSTOM MADE TRIKE. THE FRONT END IS A MOTORCYCLE AND THE REAR POWER UNIT IS A GEO METRO AUTO -- 3 CYLINDER - 1.6 LITER. THE POSITIVE FEATURE IS THAT IT IS 100% AUTOMATIC -- PARK - REVERSE & DRIVE. ALL CONTROLS CAN BE MOVED AND OPERATED WITH HANDS ONLY -- GREAT FOR ANYONE WITH A HANDICAP.

NOT JUST A SHOW PIECE - BUT IS A VERY PRACTICAL VEHICLE - EASY TO DRIVE AND RUNS STRAIGHT AND TRUE. CAN REACH SPEEDS OF 70+MPH AND 42 MPG. IS GREAT AS A DAILY COMMUTER AND TRIPS IN THE COUNTRY SIDE.

RUNS GREAT AND EVERYTHING WORKS. JUST INSTALLED 3 BRAND NEW TIRES - NEW BATTERY AND NEW STARTER & ALTERNATOR. PUT ON HEAVIER FORKS IN FRONT WITH DUAL DISK BRAKES. DISK ALSO IN THE REAR. MILEAGE IS AN ESTIMATE FROM PREVIOUS OWNER 60,000 TO 70,000 MILES ON THE ENGINE - THE ENGINES ARE MADE IN JAPAN AND ARE TOP QUALITY - NO RUST. THE YEAR IS 1992. SALE INCLUDES A WINDSHIELD AND AN EXTRA SEAT.

REASON FOR SELLING: AM 72 YEARS OLD AND MEDICAL ISSUES TELL ME IT'S TIME TO GIVE UP RIDING.

SELLING PRICE: IS VERY REASONABLY PRICED AT $ 7,995 CONSIDERING IT'S UNIQUENESS AND CUSTOM PAINT.

COME VIEW IT - CAN ARRANGE A TEST DRIVE -- NO TRADES OR EMAIL - MUST CALL ME AT 920-830-9361 -- WILL ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS. TERMS ARE CASH. CLEAR TITLE IN HAND. THANKS FOR LOOKING.

******************************************************************************************************************************************
* PRE - SEASON SPECIAL ~ BUY BEFORE THE FIRST GAME ON SEPT. 9 th AND SAVE $1,000. BUY FOR $ 6,995. THAT'S A DEAL ~ *
******************************************************************************************************************************************

5K65J35M53Lf3F83Hcc8ra1a686da0158128f.jpg

And I though cheese heads were crazy for having an open stadium and watching football in blizzards!:laugh:
There have obviously been some hi performance upgrades if it goes 70+. A stock Metro went 0-60 in 3 tries on level ground.:wink2:
It's ugly as sin, but a lot better executed and finished than 95% of the VW jobs I've ever seen!

If that's the HEAVIER FORK, what the hell was on it before?

I wish that geo where like $300. I'd own it.

Another ad preserved :D

Attachments

• geo_metro_motorcycle.jpg
    geo_metro_motorcycle.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 86
Back