Another FleaBay Headache.....

eBay hates that type of behavior. Good behavior will be rewarded. Threatening you may be enough on its own for eBay to rule in your favor. Be reasonable and careful if you are going to continue to communicate with this seller (which I recommend you don't do).

Other things eBay considers is how much you buy and sell, how many cases have ever been opened against you, and your feedback score. eBay is very protective of all buyers, but it also is somewhat protective of anyone who makes them a lot of money, i.e. big sellers or buyers. Small sellers not so much. They can afford to lose small sellers who cause them problems.
Thanks, you make some good points.
Yup, I'm totally backing off messaging him. And I have an essentially spotless background on EBay, including a good experience selling you an item :)

I had a fellow i bought something from, tell me he once had a small MiG welder he sold, shipped it, the buyer claimed that the item was no good, through eBay had him send it back and all he got was a box with bricks in it about the same weight, the shipping document he received with recorded the same weight as the welder and he was screwed. pictures , documents and pics of the parcel at the post office or courier depot? how far do you have to go, crooked people always seem to navigate the curve in the road! i am not a eBay lover anymore.

Well, this is an unexpected turn of events !
I just received this email from Ebay:

Hi Jeffrey,

We understand that you have returned your item because it wasn't as expected. We've issued you a refund for both purchase price and the shipping costs.
There was concern that this item was returned to the seller in a different condition than how it was shipped. As a courtesy for this case, you have been issued a full refund by eBay. For future returns please ensure that the item is returned in same condition as it was received.
A refund of US $342.11 will be credited to your original payment method. It may take 3 to 5 business days for the refund to be completed.

For awhile, I'm going to stop referring to EBay as Fleabay; my confidence has been (for now) restored. :)

Happy New Year!
And to you too, Marty !
It is off to a good start !

1641084319472.png

Update:

I found another Shure Model 55 Unidyne Microphone on an EBay auction.
I was determined to get a good one this time, so I asked about 13 questions.
The guy even took the mic apart to confirm my inquiries.

I won the auction and got it for half of what I paid previously, and it came with a new, hard-to find cable.

This is the 1951 Shure Model 55S "Elvis" Multi-Impedance Moving Coil Mic.
He loved this small, yet "powerful" mic.

Like Mailman says, I couldn't be happier. :)

Shure55.jpg
Shure55.5.jpg

The Louis Armstrong LP was inherited from my father, who was playing it on his turntable when I was a small child.

1642448796015.png

Last edited:
Well I too had a bad Ebay experience just in the last couple weeks!

Found a slide scanner that was recommended as one of the best for home use. Most are listed at $90 to $150 or higher. I found one listed at $55.00 only thing was it was a used one but was to have all the adapters and cords and manual. So I bid on it and won the bid. Ebay took the money for the item and shipping out of my PayPal account. Well after a few day with no notice item was shipped I messaged the seller, no reply tried a couple times more no reply. Contacted Ebay and they said I had to wait till the 13th of Jan.

On the 13th almost to my surprise Ebay messaged me asking if I had received the item. Wrote back telling them that I had not received it or any reply from seller. Within 24 hours I got a notice that my PayPal account had been credited the full amount for item and shipping.

So I guess despite not getting the scanner at least Ebay is standing by those bidding on items.

Glad Yamadude actually made out better for the effort! Now if I can just find a good deal on a scanner for slides and such!

Great mic, I've worked on and repaired a few of those. They can bring some pretty decent money. I have the same atlas mic stand. Are you actually using the mic?

Oh, how much I'd like to say that I sing.
The mic does work very well, however.

I collect vintage electronica, stereo equip, gizmos, Motorcycles of course, and have a few electric guitars,
and this WWII era 1940's Shure Stratoliner Model 708a microphone a.k.a "The Bomb", a.k.a. "The Zeppelin" in my living room, on which I have hung the first leather jacket I wore in the late '60's.

Bomb1.jpg
Bomb2.jpg

1642513604831.png

Last edited:
Where they say "as a courtesy", and "in the future..." it's like they had no way to tell who was lying. I wonder if the seller got his money too?

Dude,
The Shure 55 is both iconic, and arguably one of the best vocal mics in existence. It must be, they still produce them! It's too bad you had so many flaming hoops to jump through, to get your microphone. That Stratoliner is so cool! Now, you need a '50s Butterscotch blonde, blackguard Telecaster to display next to it, the Bonneville, and your beloved jacket! Cheers for a (belated) New Year! :cheers:
Tebo

Hummmmm .. sounds like the seller is purposely generating " heat " to bolster his case.. perhaps in the hope you'll.... go away. I wonder if the seller has played this tune before. A buddy purchased a bike I found on Smart Cycle.. I passed on the bike but he wired the funds to the bank.. in Florida.... Hauler showed up.... no bike.. no seller... Cops opened a case... but they're not very helpful.... this was 18 months ago... a couple weeks back.. I get an email from the " seller ".... wanted to know if I was still interested in the bike. We contacted the cops letting them know he was ripping people off again.... At $15,000.oo... each time... you pull this off 3-4 times a year.. it's a pretty good payday.

Back