another front fender question

I don' know about the XS1-TX guards. The 74TXA, 75XSb, 76XSC Have interchangeable guards and will not fit the 77XSD and later.

The 77D, 78E, 79F, and all the Specials from 78 and later should all interchange.

You bought a guard off ebay and i assume it was sold as an XS650 guard, (Or was it sold as an XS guard that fitted the XS, 650, 750, 850, 1100), really have to do the research to find out, or ask specific questions when dealing on ebay. The sellers don't know what they are selling half the time, jumping on the XS650 wagon and hoping to make a quick buck.

Where the fender bolts to the forks are the same. At least from the 74 up, not to sure on the older. The 74-76 have the braces from the fender to the fork down by the axle. The later don't and are a bit shorter and narrower.
I think the bolt holes in the fender are the same on most of the Yamaha's from that time. I know an 82 Seca plastic fender bolts right on a 75 and a 79 fork.
On the XS750, 850 and 1100 the standard fenders bolt right on and fit fine. They don't have the heavy bracing on the inside like the 650 fender, so the forks flex more with it on.
The Special versions use a leading axle fork. The axle is mounted on the front of the fork, not the bottom. That fender I don't think will fit right.

:doh: XS leo is right, I actually have an 80 Special with a cut down 74/76 Standard front fender on it. Haven't looked at it for so long :shrug:

Back