Another hardtail dilemma

Sleward

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So I bought an already hardtailed motorcycle, and I noticed they drilled a hole through the frame, and inserted another smaller piece of tubing through it, and mounted the brake stay using a bolt through the frame... the smaller tube is welded to the frame.

It is a tcbros hardtail section, I don't know if I should try to fix this or just use this as an excuse to get a dave bird.

I'm just asking for opinions here, would any of you run this as is or not risk it? I'm questioning whether its structurally sound.

I'm working on getting a picture, I took one but I'm registering so I link to it.

If I understand you correctly then there is no problem with that at all. That is common in any fabrication and will not change the structural intrigued at all as long as it has complete welding around it.

Great, thanks! My first hardtailed motorcycle and I was curious. Besides, from just looking at it, I would not be able to run a bird frame without extra modification to how it mounts.

yEX45.jpg

nothing wrong with that.. how your supposed to do it. a plain ole hole drilled in the frame is a weak spot. wellding that tube in gives back some structural integrity back.

I do it all the time on custom trucks i build

Back