any place to buy cheap pod air filters for my vlx 600 honda?

wheres the big air box an a 1975 xs650?:)
Air box size was a constant battle and they got bigger through the years, no doubt the styling guys fought it tooth and nail. Take a look, All years of XS650 and about every other twin have a cross over tube between the boxes. At first it was outside the air filter? then I think starting in 74 they managed to get the tube on the engine side of the filters. That tube effectively doubles the air box size for these 360 firing twins. Mechanics hate them, and they were expensive to make.
A K1200LT BMW shows the influence of early CAD design. the airbox is the weirdest looking, convoluted thing, sucking up every speck of space under the fuel tank and around the top frame tubes.

Okay I have the upmost respect for all you guys that's why I come to this site even though I have a Honda I'm going to put back the stock stuff that I tore off leave my battles alone and live with it I may keep it or may sell it if you read if you read my other posts you'd see that I really wanted an XS 650 but that fell throug if you read my other post you'd see that I really wanted an XS650 but that fell through I screwed it up

.... most people on the Honda site said what you guys said what you guys said " should leave it alone".....

I'll probably end up keeping this just for variety like five twins said it's like a couch with wheels....I agree.... not a whole lot fun to ride but different.....

But last thing I want to do is keep checking plugs and taking my carbs off and change and jets..... wOulda been nice if Honda put the airbox back under the seat somewhere and put all that wiring somewhere else ....what are you going to do..

.. when I ride a motorcycle I want to get shaken up and my ears blown off my head:)........... I know my wife doesn't like quiet bikes this one just hisses instead of having Rumble

you guys know better than me because you're more experienced at it... so I best listen to you all,sincerely,tom

Last edited:
C'mon you old farts don't hide your opinions under a bushel, tell him what you really think!
Yamaha Venture's big V4 engines were used used from 83 to 07. 4 carbs shoved in the the V, Not a lot of room for a big air box, the early bikes solved it by moving the gas tank under the seat. When they built a cruiser style bike around it in 97(ish) it lost at least 10HP getting the "look". They redesigned it in 99, had to add air boxes stuck out in front of the riders shins with a couple feet of ducting to get that 10HP back, the riders (and magazines LOL) demanded it. Yeah nobody really likes big air cleaners covering up the side of the V-twins.

Well, I reckon so. This version includes handy holders for your pencils, comb, and beer...

VentureStacks.jpg

Back