Any reggae fans in the house?

Good interview.

I played bass in a reggae band for many years and have met alot of great people and musicians. I've never met anyone I didn't like. They were always kind and took the time to talk to you.

Those were some of the best times of my life.

We use to do all of our dub action right on stage. It was wicked. It seemed like our drummer had three feet. I remember the main acts always joked about how their sound man did that for them. Bigshots. But they dug it.

yeah, they typically use drum machines and shit to get the dubby reverb effect.

i don't know, i'll admit that i was surprised that toots himself got on the phone and that we at the magazine didn't have to play around with his pr people for TOO long.

they were nice enough to provide me with a press pass to his show tonight in brooklyn. had a blast actually getting to meet one of my heroes. hung out on his tour bus with him for a bit, then his lawyer gave me a ride back into manhattan.. shit was wild lol

i'll post that up in this thread in a couple days when we drop it.

ALSO, HUGH, I KNEW "PUNK-SKA"LAR MEANT SOMETHING!

All kinds of reggae on my play list! Ken Boothe, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Toots and the Maytals, The Techniques, Champion Bubblers, Peter Tosh, Lady Satchmo, of course Bob Marley. There are so many good reggae artists out there. I particularly am fond of the rock steady days.

Do you know Bob Marley died from a stumped toe? That's what dope smoking 24/7 does to ya....

Back