anybody know anything on this build?

The carb in the leg might be a little uncomfortable. The distributor seems kind of a step backwards when an electronic unit would be more efficiant with less drag on the motor and easier to maintain.

ya the carb against the leg isnt cool. the distributor has me intrigued though.... i have a stock TCI XS and would like to go to something else and when i look at the cost to go pamco with needing the advance rod and plate as well as the pamco it starts adding up $$ just looking at other unique and less expensive wayst to do it...and that is definetely unique....probably fairly inexpensive too ...and once set up i would imagine fairly worry free

Is that a VW distributor? Don't see the primary coil/point wire there.
Several unusual things on this one. Rerouted clutch cable, unsupported shift shaft, strange right-side shift mechanism, copper tube interconnect at rocker pin screws, monster horn, cam end cutoff/blocked-off, interesting monoshock linkage, fork covers, no top engine mounts...

God looks like one of my frames or someone copied it.
I have done these like this with GPZ 550-750-1100 swingarms and shock.
I did one about 4 yrs ago and everyone said it was junk and I sold 4 of them and they all looked like this bike. Two bikes went south one went to OHIO and the other went to Canada. They really looked crazy but they rode great. I will have to go to my old computer to get some pictures. There is a video on YOUTUBE of a café that I used that swingarm if that helps. Crazy I built so many bikes from 2007 to 2010 that they keep poppin back up CRAZY.

Found some pictures from 2009
CRAZY STUFF BACK THEN
Sure looks like one of my frames
ALSO DID A KZ1000 with 180 tire that way too

Attachments

• xs3.jpg
    xs3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 136
  • xs2.jpg
    xs2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 152
  • xs1.jpg
    xs1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1149.JPG
    IMG_1149.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1151.JPG
    IMG_1151.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
NOW YOU WHAT TO SEE HOW CRAZY MY MIND WAS
CHECK THESE OUT
TRIKE IS KZ1000
QUAD is CBR 600 went 140MPH on street and shot 30' rooster tails in sand. Went 11.9 seconds 104 mph in 1/4 mile HAHA

Attachments

• kaw.jpg
    kaw.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 122
  • cbr.jpg
    cbr.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I throw a guess and say that never went down the road like that. The rear "full floater" style stationary bell crank would break off in a few miles.
I'd guess then that distributor is for show and he has a pulsar coil under it.

I seen a similar setup on a Triumph and it worked great. It is most likely setup just like a mag gear driven. I would love to see under that cover too.....

Back