Anybody use the '73 xs650 for hardtail??

Thanks any help is great i am clueless when it comes to bikes i'm a pretty good welder also worked as a pipe fitter i am capable just don't know anything about bikes thats about to change.

Let me know what you get figured out. But if it's newer and you ordered a 73 they should be somewhat universal?? If you're bike is a 73'.

Posted via Mobile

Kool i am @ work right now won't know tell i get home and check the neck but i have already welded the hard tail on and it went well i want to buy a 81xs650 motor from a guy in Dallas for $450.00 if it will bolt up to my frame now i am curious if it is a 73 or not:doh:

Even if its a 73', from what ive heard you can grind off and re-weld new motor mount tabs on to make it work, if it came down to that and you wanted to do the work that is... I'm picking mine up this weekend, uncle told me it runs fine, did say carbs need rebuilt but he said it dont have to be done, doing it anyway though, got my 650 manual coming in the mail, good to have, can find that on amazon for I think I paid 38 bucks, that's a must have in my opinion just in case. but let me know when ya get home and figure it out man, thanks.

Posted via Mobile

Give us about half hour and I'll get you a pic or two of the differences between the frames..

Also my dads is a 73 frame with with 80 motor. No need to mod anything.. We use used 73 motor mount everywhere. But !! The top mount is made up of an upper and lower section... I think we used the top half of the 73 and the lower parts of a newer motor (74 onwards) I'll double check that for you...

Back soon....

Hey thanks I appreciate it I am working 80 hours a week right now plus coaching football n have my lil girls cheer leading so I don't get much time to work on my bike who knew being a daddy was so much work lol I didn't know what I was getting into when I started just wanted a bike so bad I couldn't sleep for thinking about it thought I would put it together in a weekend:doh:

Lol.. yeah I know how the kid thing go's... Both mine had me flat out all afternoon, so I didn't get a chance to grab them pix but ive got a free morning tomorrow so I'll make sure I grab them then...

hey i lost my bike yesterday and got it back today man that was close i posted details in my thread for a 71 to 83 change out and in the lounge wife sells bike any way it is not a 73 its a 76 glad the hard tail welded up with no problems

Ya if you ordered a 73 and welded to a 76 they should fit all then, thanks for the update man, here's my bike Finally got a pic. Haven't picked it up yet busy working overtime, hopefully tomorrow or saturday, to my knowledge it's just missing side covers, he said it runs, thats to be determined lol, what's your opinions and what would you say it's worth?
For all I know it may be a tx650

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• IMG_9705.jpg
    IMG_9705.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 69
I like it, as to what it's worth that just depends on what some one is willing to spend on it From what i'v have seen around here in that shape 1,500 to 2,100 great lil bike man mine was and is in a million piece's lol so i never saw it factory like that. i'll have to upload sum photo's but I like it what did you give for it?

Well I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, got a day off work to do it.. only giving 700 for it. Hopefully it's worth that lol.

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Back