anybody use yamalube?

rusty rocket

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone uses yamalube? I know there was a thread some time ago on what everyone ran for oil but I did a search and couldnt find anything. wondering what the masses use for there xs's.

I run Rotella 15w40 but everyone has they're own preference. No experience with yamalube.. Hopefully someone will post the link for the previous thread.

Yamalube is a good oil. Others are just as good without the Yamaha branding. Some use 15w40 diesel oil, others 20x50 oils. I use Valvolene 20w50 motor cycle oil from Advanced Auto.
Most any oil that has the JASO M rating listed on the jug will be fine. It is tested and approved for wet clutches.
Leo

I run 15-40 diesel. I used it an 1100 Suzuki with a touchy temp gauge, and it ran 5-8 degrees cooler than any other weight or type. That says better to me. Never seen a reason to switch. I have no beef with synthetics, know several guys who use them.

Just wondering if anyone uses yamalube? I know there was a thread some time ago on what everyone ran for oil but I did a search and couldnt find anything. wondering what the masses use for there xs's.

Yep. I use it when I can get it for under $20 per gallon.

yam_oil_all_pur_4str_20w50.jpg

Yamalube All Purpose 4-Stroke Oil 20W-50 1 Gallon

Back