anybody wanna buy a sweet xs dragster? seriously, i need help!

da evil one

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
i knew this thing was gonna be low when i bought it but i gave the guy that modded the frame some credit. too much. i got 2 inches or so from motor to pavement. i know this is gonna require some cutting and welding. im guessing the guy must have had a dragster in mind(check out the brackets in the tail...i think wheelie bars were what he had in mind...i dunno). but i know it wont roll out of my driveway without scraping over a tiny little grade so it aint happening. i was thinking take some rake out and cut the axle plate out and fab one that has the axle hole lower? fawk:banghead: it LOOKS rowdy anyway.

Attachments

• Bike too low.JPG
    Bike too low.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Bike too low-underneath.JPG
    Bike too low-underneath.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 148
yeah, we discussed it in the thread. the old bearings were shot in the neck and jerry rigged from the po just to hold the forks on and i knew the new tapered ones would raise it(which they did) but i didnt know how far out of the bottom of the frame the engine hung down. im thinking some creative fab work. at least i get my powdercoating free.

Yes, yours seem longer, but once again, I know mine have sag. So mine being shorter could be attributed to that. Well like I said; I have +4" tubes if you're interested.

you could get someone to make slugs for it.... ally billet whitch screws intto the forks??

how about cutting the bottem tubees in half and welding them flat :D :D :D classy:thumbsup:

Those triples look really tall and the brake mount bosses look a little different, are those XS650 forks?

i bought em off a guy that knew xs's pretty well and he said they came off a 78. they bolted up fine other than the fork stops not lining up on the 73 frame. it came with the front wheel and the wheel had the "raincatcher" rim profile like the xs's. im 98% sure its an xs front end. make that 99%.

If you want the tubes just shoot me a PM with an offer. Never been run is what condition they are in. I installed them and then took them out after I thought I wanted a shorter front end.

cool. you have any interest in a set of stockers? these things are in good shape as well. not new but no scratches, or pitting or anything. if not ill hit you with an offer and see what we can work out. thought id throw that out there first. im not gonna need em after this so since your bike still has a stock front end...

I am not. Mine are still in perfect shape so I'm not worried about them yet. I'm trying to get rid of extra parts not necessarily picking any new ones up!

Back