Anyone got a 2-1 exhaust for sale?

langheldphoto

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been searching the interwebs for a while now and the only options that I can find for a 2-1 exhaust system for my bike are from mikesxs, MAC, and Gordon Scott. Mikes has been sold out for what seems like an eternity, MAC can only be bought with a God awful looking muffler (no offense if you have it, not my style) and from what I have read recently Gordon Scott may not be in business any longer? (not to mention is the most expensive of the 3 options, regardless of craftsmenship I simply cannot justify paying that much for pipes without a muffler. But damn do those pipes look sweet tho...)
Also, seeing as how im not too terribly proficient with a welder, and I would need 2 sets of the TC Bros DIY exaust kits to get the bends and look that I want, I therefor am not in the market to make my own.

My question is this... Does anyone have, or know of someone who sells a 2-1 exhaust system without that funky looking, OEM'esque muffler, and is not quite so expensive? I dont care if it is chrome or what-have-you because I plan to wrap with black exhaust wrap post haste upon arrival, and I want a reverse megaphone muffler so therefor I would just chunk the one that comes with the MAC in the trash.

Can anyone help? :bike::bike:

Maybe Heiden tuning has the Mikes 2 into 1 . They will ship to the US ( for free I hear ). If not, you may have to wait for Mikes . I have that exhaust and I like it . Have you checked 650 Central or Omars ? They have some exhaust systems as well .

I have a 2 into 1 that came off my 81 whem I picked it up it looks to be in ok shape not sure who makes it tho and shipping would prolly be steep depending on where you are

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I checked with Omar, still a little to rich for my blood/ wallet. 650central doesnt list the 2-1 at all and Heiden tuning doesnt ship for free to a po'dunk town in Mississippi lol.

Kinda hoping to pick one up for fairly cheap from someone who isnt using one/ is wanting to make a change to something else.

Amishmike you have a PM good Sir :thumbsup:

Here is a couple pics of that exhaust. Not sure what it lloks like under the wrap I havent ever pulled it off.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374372762899.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374372762899.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 124
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374372775316.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374372775316.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 116
I suffered the same decision in this thread.
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?p=258306#post258306

I went with Gordon Scott and I am very happy. I do understand he has had some medical problems and may be difficult to contact. I felt the few extra dollars to get an American made custom compared to a foreign made factory piece (Mike's) was well worth it. I asked but was never very confident with the comments I received on the Mac's.

Good luck.

Yeah I know that I would absolutely love the GS pipes but being in college I am very limited on the amount of cash flow I have, and my time off is very limited so I needed one to put on for my upcoming 2 week break between semesters. Amishmike has very generously offered me his old 2-1 system at a very very reasonable price. Not exactly pass it forward cheap but damn near it :thumbsup::thumbsup: Kudos to you good sir! :D:D:D

Back