ANYONE ID what SPEEDO CABLE fits to this WHEEL

ANLAF

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone ID this wheel hub and speedo connector so I can order the correct speedo cable. It looks like it is Yamaha trials bike front wheel, 21". There is a small round hole in where the speedo should sit, and when I had the brakes apart for cleaning recently I recall seeing it would have to be a flat-ended cable to fit.

Anlaf

Attachments

• Wheel 001.jpg
    Wheel 001.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Wheel 002.jpg
    Wheel 002.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Wheel 003.jpg
    Wheel 003.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Wheel 004.jpg
    Wheel 004.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 123
ANLAF, if nobody chimes in with a positive ID, you may need to remove that front wheel and chase around to various shops to get an old-timer to recognise it. It was not uncommon long ago to find a small spool front wheel, maybe a 17" from a 70-250 cc bike, lace a larger rim, and fit it to a custom front end. I know the Trott family motorcycle shop has dealt with many bikes over a long period of years, not sure if they're convienent to your location.

I've seen that type of hub numerous times, but I can't nail it down. Inside may be more revealing, but can't tell you what to look for (ID marks, casting and parts tell-tales, ...etc.)

You may need shoes and bearings for it at a future time, so identifying it is indeed important...

Thanks, twoMany, I know a few old-timers who might know if I get the wheel (or even th ewhole bike) to them. I've just done the brakes (cleaned in there, got rid of the shine on the shoes) but I didn't notice any ID marks.

And jayel, yep, the only thing I am certain of on the bike is the engine is definitely and XS650, the rest is pure speculation.

Anlaf

Back