Anyone make affordable new swingarm frame?

hal26

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My frame has no title and it will cost at least $300 to get one. It also needs to be blasted,brackets removed,welds cleaned up,etc.as well as painted. You know the drill...so I was thinking maybe I could save myself some grief and get an aftermarket swingarm frame. Mostly what I see,as you all know, are brat,weld-on hardtail or complete hardtail. The swing arm frames I have found are all very costly. Surely some of these hardtail frame makers should offer a swingarm frame....any tips will be very appreciated! Thanks :bike:

This is the reason bikes without a title are called parts bikes. To much hassle with getting a title.
Find another with a title or just spend the money to get the one you have titled.
Leo

This is the reason bikes without a title are called parts bikes. To much hassle with getting a title.
Find another with a title or just spend the money to get the one you have titled.
Leo

Mebbe look for a parts bike with a title....

It will cost you $550 to get a bonded title. I have titled frames, if you are near Austin I might be able to help. PM me. My frames aren't cheap, but they are cheaper than a bonded title, and you don't have to sweat for two years which is how long the bond lasts. It never happens, but if the title holder suddenly finds his paper, and claims the frame was stolen, then you are screwed on the bond and the frame.

For anyone interested, Texas really screwed up the bond fees about two years ago on anything requiring a title that is 30 years old or older. The bonded title used to cost $175.

It will cost you $550 to get a bonded title. I have titled frames, if you are near Austin I might be able to help. PM me. My frames aren't cheap, but they are cheaper than a bonded title, and you don't have to sweat for two years which is how long the bond lasts. It never happens, but if the title holder suddenly finds his paper, and claims the frame was stolen, then you are screwed on the bond and the frame.

For anyone interested, Texas really screwed up the bond fees about two years ago on anything requiring a title that is 30 years old or older. The bonded title used to cost $175.

Thanks for taking the time to send me the pics and info. I decided to go the bonded title route. Hal

Back