Anyone riding today ?

Woke up to -34c (-29F) with a windchill of -40. She stays in the garage today (and for the next couple of months).

But it's a dry cold....................

come to Iowa Marty, only -16 less than 6 inches of snow yet

I grew up in Jamestown, NY, so I still remember what snow is. I've been to some mighty cold places in the last few years. Places like Greenland, Kyrgyzstan, and Korea. Bangor, Maine is the coldest place in the world where I'm concerned. But, it's a damp cold!

Here in the North Georgia mountains it's just above freezing. The sun is shining brightly and the pavement is dry. It's perfect if you have good cold weather gear.

Merry Christmas to all!

Speaking of cold weather, I remember a place called Labrador City. I spent a couple of months in Lab City, during February and March, back when I was just a youngster in my 20's. Temperature just hung around -55F, and that's without any wind chill factor. I think they were to scared to add in the wind chill factor. At that temperature it hurts to breathe:eek:

Its a heat wave to-day here in Calgary.......................+3C (37F).

I just got back from a ride in the pouring down snow LOL. Had to get the bike from a buddies house after I left it there at a Xmas party. Pretty cool, but pretty cold LOL

It's great to work eight hours outside at -20. I miss it! But I'll settle for being inside and warm.

I wish I was riding....Setting things up for Christmas for the family... and it's perfect weather for riding too!! Hight temp was a dry 70F, clear sky with super mild breeze.....Christmas, BAH HUMBUG!!

Well the home got busy so I had to take back a dvd to redbox.
The red box is 2 miles away but the ride took 1 1/2 hours.v:wink2:
I was asked what happened? I replied got lost. :doh:
I was a good ride :)

We got trashed with an ice storm. Trees down and no power for 26 hours. Today, for Christmas it was 7F. I opened up our local Soup Kitchen and fed 44 people

Happy New Year everyone. Took a new years day ride up the coast from home past a place called Tiwi. Overcast day and nice and cool. I covered about 75 miles and got home just before it rained.

Attachments

• pete's pics 033.jpg
    pete's pics 033.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 148
  • pete's pics 035.jpg
    pete's pics 035.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 146
  • pete's pics 042.jpg
    pete's pics 042.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 149
  • pete's pics 043.jpg
    pete's pics 043.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 127
  • pete's pics 045.jpg
    pete's pics 045.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 129
Wow pcoumbe THAT"S the way to spend new years day! Great bike, road, scenery. Thanks for the pics.
7AM new Years day here. A refreshing -20C and I am glad it has warmed up! We'll go cross country skiing. The wood stoves have been burning hard the last few weeks.

Happy New Year everyone. Took a new years day ride up the coast from home past a place called Tiwi. Overcast day and nice and cool. I covered about 75 miles and got home just before it rained.

You live in a beautiful place. Great looking bike too.:thumbsup:

Oh well, I guess I better go out and start up the snowblower.:)

I'll be heading out in a bit. Temp is about 50 now and supposted to be in the Sunny 70's later.

I just got in from riding all day.
I went to one of the beaches
full

then I went to one of my good friends and smoked a good Romeo and Juliette cigar
full

then I road home cleaned up and road over an other couple friends house and we road to Hooters.
Got an autograph from my hooters Girl. Her pic is the bottom right
full

All and all it was a good start to the New Year:thumbsup:

Back