anyone understand scripts ?

So I don't know if this will fix your problem, but it sounds similar to a problem my in-laws were having when they purchased a new Ipad. Basically, I had to reconfigure the wireless router to provide the proper signal to the device. For example, it was send out G when the Ipad wanted N. Simple reconfig and reboot and all was right. I'm not sure this is the problem you are having but it seems like it would be since the new cpu is not working as well as the old cpu. Just a thought. Hope it helps.

thanks for your suggestion atomic. I noticed that my card is connected on channel 1 wheras all my neighbours are on channel 11 as was |I on a previous network card.

I need to access my router and change it somehow to scan other channels for the stongest signal. No idea how to do this though

This any help?

Attachments

• WiFi Adapter Properties.jpg
    WiFi Adapter Properties.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 260
generally the routers ip address is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 depending on the model. Google the router model and it will tell you the ip address and login credentials.

In Brian902's screenshot above, the 'advanced properties' window also shows 'TX power'.
Peanut, you reported reduced performance as you neared the transmitter, sounds like 'front-end overload', where the carrier strength is too great for the receiver to detect the modulation.
The fix there is greater spacing, or reduced 'TX power'...

I found a tip which suggested changing the 'control channel' but was never sure if it helped.

Here is a link to 7 tips for improving wifi;
http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/7-tips-to-increase-wi-fi-performance.html

And if you type in 'cmd' in the bottom of the Start screen, then type 'ipconfig', the information should show the 192.168.01 ip address or something close.

Then go to your browser and type that into the command line where you normally see 'www.xs650.com/'

That should give you your access screen.

Good Luck

Attachments

• Peanut CMD.jpg
    Peanut CMD.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Peanut Ipconfig.jpg
    Peanut Ipconfig.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Peanut Login.jpg
    Peanut Login.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 261
  • Peanut Control Channel.jpg