anyone want my xs?

When i first saw this it was a give away bike.............kinda strange when the bike was also advertised for $500 in the classies.........title of the thread has been changed .............maybe he is part of the red shoe brigade after all Wer.

When i first saw this it was a give away bike.............kinda strange when the bike was also advertised for $500 in the classies.........title of the thread has been changed .............maybe he is part of the red shoe brigade after all Wer.
mr skull.You are one very abrasive condescending person that has attacked me more than once.Totally unwarranted.You could give me gold bullion and i would never sell you this old bike.I had advertised it for $500.Then 8 and weekender said they thought it was free.At first i thought that was totally unreasonable.But to them, minus the xs carbs it would be free.Please refrain, as in don't do it again,insult or attack me in any way.

mr skull.You are one very abrasive condescending person that has attacked me more than once.Totally unwarranted.You could give me gold bullion and i would never sell you this old bike.I had advertised it for $500.Then 8 and weekender said they thought it was free.At first i thought that was totally unreasonable.But to them, minus the xs carbs it would be free.Please refrain, as in don't do it again,insult or attack me in any way.
If you change your mind shipping through fastenal is really simple. Fill out an easy shipping form, they'll give you a quote. Then just take it there, they'll strap it down to a pallet for you and send it off. Just shipped a frame through them last week.

If you change your mind shipping through fastenal is really simple. Fill out an easy shipping form, they'll give you a quote. Then just take it there, they'll strap it down to a pallet for you and send it off. Just shipped a frame through them last week.
I am guessing a bike is probably 450 pounds,500? Is it a flat rate? What if they say $500.Are you willing to pay that? I am not off till next wednesday, think that is 8/16.probably I can call and get several answers to this.Once i shipped a voyage trike kit to california.The company came to my house and took it away.I wonder if someone would come here and do that.I really dont have a way i can think of to get it to a shipper.No one to help lift it into my truck.input appreciated.

I am guessing a bike is probably 450 pounds,500? Is it a flat rate? What if they say $500.Are you willing to pay that? I am not off till next wednesday, think that is 8/16.probably I can call and get several answers to this.Once i shipped a voyage trike kit to california.The company came to my house and took it away.I wonder if someone would come here and do that.I really dont have a way i can think of to get it to a shipper.No one to help lift it into my truck.input appreciated.
wow.fastenal has a store here in denton,maybe 5 miles at the most from me.They are open mon-friday.I will give them a call.

It might be a flat rate. I was quoted same price to ship frame to Iowa and Washington. I would be willing to pay a couple hundred to have it shipped. If you want I can DM you my info.

Hi Ron,
"anyone want my - - - " is not necessarily the same as "Free to good home - - - " eh?
Sorry to hear the your life has become sub-optimal to the extent of needing to dispose of all your stuff
and I hope things will soon improve for you.

Ron, sorry to here you must get rid of stuff, and your right most people skip over the classified... and your also right about 650Skull
why the administration allows him to remain is a mystery to most here but he does have good input on occasion.
I hope you will get through these rough times and get another motorcycle in the future
best of luck to you.
Bob......

Ron, sorry to here you must get rid of stuff, and your right most people skip over the classified... and your also right about 650Skull
why the administration allows him to remain is a mystery to most here but he does have good input on occasion.
I hope you will get through these rough times and get another motorcycle in the future
best of luck to you.
Bob......
thanks Bob.I have a beautiful venture as my daily rider.The xs was just a fun project to do of one of my alltime favorite motorcycles.Finances are vastly different.I would probably have to spend another $1000 to get it right, just dont have money on nonessential things right now.

I don't want to wade into a swamp here - and this is off-topic from Ron's sale of his bike - but, Bob - slagging off another forum member is also off-topic and not very helpful either IMO.

However, since you raised it, and in his defense, I will say that Skull has been very kind to me and to many others and he's been extremely helpful with his extensive knowledge of the bike. I certainly know of no group of members who would like to see him banned by any stretch of the imagination.

The key thing is that different countries have different norms of behaviour and it just happens that in Australia, the approach is to be pretty frank and not suffer fools. As an example, the last time I was in Oz, the Australian police had full sized billboards up all over the country that stated:
IF YOU DRINK THEN DRIVE, YOU'RE A BLOODY IDIOT!
Obviously, I have no problem whatsoever with that message, but the wording struck me a waaaayyy out beyond what we would ever see in Canada. Don't get me wrong - I really liked it - but it did surprise me.

True, Skull's approach may be a bit...brusk and yeah, he is pretty frank - but that is the custom in Oz in my experience and that HAS been pointed out before, so let's just accept it. In my view, that's part of the fun of being part of a forum with people from all over the world.

We have had some real @ssholes on this forum - but Skull isn't one of them.

In closing, I will add my best wishes to Ron as his life evolves in a, hopefully, positive direction.

Pete

Sorry - just one more point on this: the internet and email is notoriously bad at conveying the tone of a message and it so often happens that people misinterpret the intentions or "mood" of others.

I often wonder if these conflicts/bad blood such as between Ron and Skull is simply one of those things. I always try to count to 10 before responding angrily to an email - that gives me time to think about whether I might be misinterpreting the intentions of the other person.

Anyhow - shuttin' up about this now.

I always try to count to 10 before responding angrily to an email - that gives me time to think about whether I might be misinterpreting the intentions of the other person.
Counting to ten gives you time to read their mind, instead of what they wrote?

^Now you're back on track. The counting is a cooling off period. The writer's intentions are best determined by what they wrote :)

Best of luck to you, Ron.
There are lots of XS650's out there.
Maybe in the future you will find another one, when finances rebound.
C'mon back. You'll be welcomed.

Back