ARE CLASSIC BIKES TO BE BANNED IN EUROPE?

Are you alright bud? The video and link provided speak of the EU, and since India, Africa, Asia and the Middle East are not part of the EU, It's not even part of the conversation. I'd say most of those places have bigger issues than the climate crisis, Middle East in particular. I'm not entirely sure what you're reaching for but diving deep into the realm of New World Order type deal is just completely wild on this thread. I'd love a good global conspiracy theory thread but damn. Brakes were on the list, I'm not a smart man, but I'd imagine they would be in reference to drum brakes vs modern disc brakes with ABS, not just "oh it needs an oil change or brakes? Time for a new car bucko". Let's try and be realistic
On the contrary, many of the biggest issues facing India, Asia and Africa are a direct result of climate change. In Saudi Arabia, owners frequently abandon vehicles when the ashtray is full. Lol.
But I try to be realistic. One thing that "classic" vehicle owners have going for us is that many of us wrench on our own rides and network for parts. Keeping the prying eyes and grubby fingers of of the body snatchers away . This forum itself is a great example of this. Thanks AdamC for two hot threads in the last week.

The racket at zone 40N has a somewhat related grift...they simply raise the taxes year by year, pretty soon you might just park the old gal (some percentage...they have actuaries than tell 'im what the people will stand..so they can shave a few off every year... and then pay a lesser tax every year while she gathers dust... just a steady pressure.
I enjoyed the spirited and collegial repartee. Thanks Adamc

Just like big tobacco the oil industry have spent billions on misinformation, lobbying all the while knowing since the 70's fossil fuels were going to b a major cause of climate change.

Blaming Gov't for making tyrannical decisions that impact on your rights and freedoms completely misses where the blame lies. Sure Gov't has been dragged around by the power of big companies, but we all are still being hoodwinked into laying the blame at the wrong people's feet.

Last edited:
Something is not adding up here Or I Dont understand it
The people wrenching on old vehicles is a disappearing group of people here
Need a Garage / Tools / Knowledge / Time
Most people dont have that
Cars needs error code readers and Brand shops Lap tops with software often a company secret .
Most don't even shift the Winter tires. Themselves

The market takes care of it no need for decisions and laws

It gets to expensive to keep an old vehicle Running hauling or worse towing it to a shop a $300
a time
And the Shop $ 100 --$ 150 an Hour That is not what people do.
They scrap it finding another

Another aspect --People dont have a lot of money who are using old cars .
That is why they have these old Cars.
Poorly payed jobs perhaps on Hourly basis
Some don't live close to the job 50 -- Km one way and No Working Public transportation
Today they are struggling with Gas prices . They are talking about differentiated gas prices in the country.

I have heard people saying -- No sense for the Wife to work a few Hours she might as well stay at home.

And if these people are forced to scrap their Old VOLVO 740 or whatnot .
They are not gonna smash the credit card on the desk pointing at a 30 000 Euro Electric Car.
Even those are not available today
They plain and simple dont have that kind of money.

How are they gonna come those 50 km to work to fex elderly care sector.

Something is not adding up here Or I Dont understand it
The people wrenching on old vehicles is a disappearing group of people here
Need a Garage / Tools / Knowledge / Time
Most people dont have that
Cars needs error code readers and Brand shops Lap tops with software often a company secret .
Most don't even shift the Winter tires. Themselves

The market takes care of it no need for decisions and laws

It gets to expensive to keep an old vehicle Running hauling or worse towing it to a shop a $300
a time
And the Shop $ 100 --$ 150 an Hour That is not what people do.
They scrap it finding another

Another aspect --People dont have a lot of money who are using old cars .
That is why they have these old Cars.
Poorly payed jobs perhaps on Hourly basis
Some don't live close to the job 50 -- Km one way and No Working Public transportation
Today they are struggling with Gas prices . They are talking about differentiated gas prices in the country.

I have heard people saying -- No sense for the Wife to work a few Hours she might as well stay at home.

And if these people are forced to scrap their Old VOLVO 740 or whatnot .
They are not gonna smash the credit card on the desk pointing at a 30 000 Euro Electric Car.
Even those are not available today
They plain and simple dont have that kind of money.

How are they gonna come those 50 km to work to fex elderly care sector.
That's awful but same here in the UK. Young people can't afford a motorcycle anyway even if they wanted to.

At least in Sweden you have many old Saabs which are wonderful cars to keep forever. (I was last in Sweden, December 2017).

.......all due to climate change.
What is happening now is beyond anything we can do. Earths magnetic fields are flipping, disrupting our protective magnetic shield from solar forcing. Seeing the Aurora Borealis at lower latitudes is a clue. Disruptions in digital communications occurring during minor solar events happening more and more.
Climate change? Yeah, you ain't seen nuthin' yet and banning "fossil fuels" won't do diddly. This is cyclical, it's happened many times before and the last one was even recorded in prehistoric rock art world wide. But hey, hate your neighbor, see how that works out.......

Saw it on line evening press website
A " Raggare " American car Enthusiast

Are saying --- You are talking Bullshit --There is no such proposition down in EU
Calling for scrapping Enthusiast vehicles --- Cars in his case
So you are scaring people and then trying getting political points for pretending solving it.

The politician saying it is a proposition and it can happen. Now ahead of EU elections

So in this case not gonna happen ---enthusiast
We are gonna try to stop it --politician

it is big pasttime activity here many voters at stake + those that don't want EU to determine as they please.
it has just begun

1714675490222.png

It's disruptive to natural gattungswessen to roll with a computer on wheels. Now where's my 1938 UL?

Climate change is almost all from space weather, and that's mostly from the Sun. We spin and fly in circles, almost, inside a celestial vacuum tube in natural operation. The petro fellas may have believed that CO2 was a driver. They were wrong. Since those dusty silly days new stuff has come to light, (no pun intended) It's a product of the energy physics from the sun, for us the interaction of Magnetic field. The reason Mars has so little atmosphere is the lack of magnetic field... without which the solar winds blow the gas away... choke choke die.

The Sun didn't destroy the Magnetic field. Mars still has a magnetic field of sorts. It's core lost it's conviction halting the dynamo that created a full magnetic field ( like earth's), that stopped the sun from stripping the atmosphire. The sun is part of the symptom, not the cause.

The makeup of the core in conjunction with a celestial event of an asteroid bombardment may have caused the core to cease function. This is the working hypothesis NASA is working on from rover data

. . . Climate change is almost all from space weather, and that's mostly from the Sun. We spin and fly in circles, almost, inside a celestial vacuum tube in natural operation. The petro fellas may have believed that CO2 was a driver. They were wrong. . .
I am sorry, but with due respect I have to disagree. I know I am open to being charged with swallowing the official line. But if almost ALL scientists who work in relevant areas are in agreement that CO2 causes global warming, that measurable global warming is taking place, and that the pattern of global warming over the last few centuries proves human activity is responsible for the growing problem we all face - even the deniers - then I think we should believe them.

Experiments carried out in laboratories can demonstrate the mechanisms of global warming. And we are living subjects in the largest experiment of all with billions of tons of a proven warming gas being released into the Earth's atmosphere every year. Hell, we ought to have realised long ago that was gonna do something. The idea that we can treat the atmosphere, or the oceans, or the land as infinite resources put here for us to exploit & ruin driven by profit and greed belongs in the past.

That does not mean I agree with the measures being adopted by governments. Which in most cases seem to rely on some dodgy mix of selected scientific fact, wishful thinking, the need to be seen doing sommat, and the requirements of Big Business.

And banning motorbikes would make less than a sparrow fart's worth of difference when you look at the scale of the problem.

There's real science, then there's pseudoscience.... or fake science, if you will. SuspiciousObservers is the fake variety. Hell, the guy ain't even a real scientist, he just plays one on the internet. He's a lawyer makin' money off of Youtube. ... and a friggin internet bully at that.

Like @Raymond said above, over 99% of real scientists agree... it's us.

I'm glad to help out. I'm happy to not drive every day and work from home. I'm an individual contributor anyway. My phone doesn't ring and seldom do people ask me anything. I'd be glad to stop contributing to daily traffic. The big corporation doing stuff about global warming (they say) wants me at the office. :confused:

There is a big difference between love and convenience. As @Jan mentions above, the true love of motorcycle maintenance is slowly disappearing and being substituted by commodity shopping. We became a disposable society on a democratic foundation, and decisions are made by which politician can garner the most support through bribery. Are we in trouble when the dollar bill becomes more important than life itself? Gee, let me think awhile.
Tinker.

The magnetic field at Mars is so trivial that it does not deflect the solar wind. Iron core crystallization period over, boffins say since abt 1.5 billion years. There is a bit of gas, enough for the toy helicopter. That may be out-gassing. Or indications of life in the regolith. (which is my bet) The Earth CO2 level variation pre human varies far above what we see today... Much of the CO2 released in combustion tends to return in rain as carbonic, as fertilizer, in effect, or be absorbed for photosynthesis. Stratospheric particle injection (they have admitted the program exists and run) reduces photosynthis... Sure, in a lab with a biased demonstration a fella can get a biased result, and fall for confirmation bias. But his grant money, and job, depend on the "right" result... Note well that there is a vast amount of money and power riding on convincing people to believe a a con. Gee, maybe people lie for money and power...they happily murder one another over less. Oh! Excuse please, some people just magically suicide...speaking of the inspector at the airplane company, or some cat in Dallas...or DC. Sometimes they jump out of high buildings, sometimes they drive their car into a tree, but only the ones with fancy computer control ;)

Rain over today. good nuf fer a ride, chilly tho.

Back