Are you an "under revver", "over revver"?

Now that you mention it, the SH can ping when I open the throttle low RPM 5th gear. The SK pulls like a tractor without complaint.
I cleaned my left pilot circuit. I have no more pinging. I have no more high amplitude vibration. It's fixed.

Something I forgot to mention, the rubber plug on the left intake barb was split. It could not have been longer than since March that it was installed. It is another inferior aftermarket part, but I won't say where I got it because I'm not 100% sure. It's one of those things that should probably be OE.

IMG_2860.JPG

The petcock outlet needs to be reclocked 90 degrees. Pointed straight down is a no go. I'll have a hole in the hose in no time. I need a shim with a 7mm hole diameter. Can I use a feeler gauge to judge thickness? I can't get what I need local. Suggestions? This aftermarket petcock is not plug and play.

The "650 Special" badges on the side covers were rattling and making dust. Hopefully, my cure is adequate. I have not tried this stuff in the past. It cast less than half as much as a little tube of RTV.
View attachment 250306
View attachment 250305

Last edited:
Back