Back again....

Swapmeet Louie

put some metal in yer eye
Reaction score
Hey all...
I've been a member for a while. But mostly been lurking. I had a previous post but it was about my XS400. Which I was immediately directed to the XS400.com site. Understandable.

Well, I growed all up and am back with a big boys toy, haha...
I acquired a 78' basket case from a friend of mine. It only had 7200 miles on the clock so I was pretty stoked. I had built a Honda CB for a guy down in H.B. Cal. and was on schedule to deliver it the second week of june. I am from H.B. and my brother who rides a vintage CB is still down there. I really wanted to take something down there to ride around with him and some of my old pals. Realizing I only had three weeks to get a bike up and going from the time of the xs650 purchase. I didnt have much time to pay alot of attention to detail. And definitely didnt have any time to order any parts.
So I dug and dug in the garage until I had mocked up something that I wouldn't be ashamed of riding..

So anyway, in three weeks this is what I ended up with. Nothing to fancy and definitely not as well thought out as some of the machines on this board, but fun nun the less..

It'll get some more love this coming winter.

pen3.jpg

pen4.jpg

SDC11735.jpg

pen2.jpg

IMG_20110707_172007.jpg

IMG_20110707_150411.jpg

pen6.jpg

Thanks for looking

Lou

Back