Baffle upgrade for Mac 2 into 1

rowdyrandy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditched the mechanical baffle in my mac 2 into 1's a little while ago - made a homebrew'd 1.5" straight through baffle with some metal lath but its not really holding up. I just found an aftermarket baffle that has a OD the same as the mac's but my only options are to go up to 1.75", 2.0" etc.. I just rejetted since I moved up to denver and I'm really not looking to do it again since the summer is slipping away..any suggestions here on which way to go? Once the two pipes meet it's gong to be about 23" of "x" diameter pipe till the end. I realize anything is possible, just looking for a little insight..thanks in advance fellas

Some guys will run a cherry bomb glass pack as a muffler. Then you could install a tip in the end of it to give you a different look.

What's the drama here, Andy? MAC makes a straight-through, glass pack "competition" baffle for your muffler. It's an accessory item, price was around $35 last time I checked.

no drama - the one I made didn't hold up too well but I also wasn't crazy about the way it sounded..I want it to be a bit deeper. That's why I looked past the mac cause mine was 1.5" as well..figured I might be able to find something else. Since no one really replied here I just pulled the trigger and went with the 1.75" - I think it's gonna work out

Back