Bare Minimum Wiring?

JP50515

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
So I am finally past the disassembly part of my build and into the reassembly :thumbsup:

I am wondering what people have done for wiring on their builds. I have the original harness, but I feel like there are way more wires than I need to get my engine, head and tail lights, and turn signals to run.

Has anyone made their own harness or rewired their bike to minimize the clutter?

Thanks

P.S. took my old bike to the scrap yard today. The guy said he'd give me $25 for it so I went into the yard found a tank and a head light that I will be using for this build and traded the crashed shadow for em ha. better than nothin :)

Thanks, that helps in terms of wiring, I guess what i'm asking is has anyone stripped the original harness of things like indicator lights, the horn and stuff like that. I see all these custom bikes that have zero exposed wires and I just can't figure out where they're all hiding and how the bike is wired

new customs have often minimal harness hidden in frame. if you want use factory harness you can strip it from wires you do not use. no blinkers? cut wires associated with blinkers. no electrical start? starter wires goodbye etc. but imho easier is to make custom harness for your bike, less problems with relocated items... and if you will pack wires in black tubing it will be less visible...

Back