Barn find, whats it worth

4runner

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Barn find!! Brand new to this. What is a good $?. One cylinder has some blow by. 10,000 miles. Hasn't run in many years.

Attachments

• DSCN0302.jpg
    DSCN0302.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN0301.jpg
    DSCN0301.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 183
It pretty much needs a total refurb. I wouldn't go much more than $200 (and $100 would be better, lol). Hell, lowball them @ $50.

On the plus side it looks relatively dusty and rust free in there and I think those are the original baseball bat mufflers that the early years had. Not sure what they're worth because they're near impossible to buy but I don't think $200 on ebay for the pipes alone is a stretch. Mikes replicas are $600 and original is more desirable than replica to the guys doing full on restorations, so depending on the condition they could be worth a fair bit more than $200 to the right buyer. Now that only helps you if you're planning to mod or part the bike. If you're looking at it as something to ride, yeah you better get it cheap because it could need a lot of work.

I probably overpaid at $300 for this a few years ago, no title.It ran and had a new battery when I bought it. shows`13K on the clock. Guy I bought it from bought it from a salvage yard, somebody had just dropped it off out at their gate!

tx650.JPG

Back