Bathurst V8Supercars this weekend

rude

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
here is the link to the "official" web site

http://bathurst.v8supercars.com.au/racedetails/circuitdetailstrackmap/tabid/1324/default.aspx

Depending on the weather, the amount of carnage, safety cars and just plain luck any team can win it, thats the great thing about a a long distance race
others will have another opinion but here is my trifecta.
car 888 Lowndes and Skaife (the dream team, last years winners), car 88 Whincup and Thompson (Whincup is currently ahead in the drivers championship and young Thompson looked the goods at Phillip Island), Shane Van Gisbergen in car 9 (young Kiwi that goes hard, in a Ford but we won't hold that against him)

Worth keeping an eye out for the Top 10 shootout (local time 1545 - 1630) , this is where they go hell for leather to gain qualifying position, one car on the track at a time.

The lead up races include historics, porsche cup and Utes which some may think of as the "demo derby" class.

Attachments

• bathurst-ariel.jpg
    bathurst-ariel.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 75
  • Bathurst_TrackMap-Small.jpg
    Bathurst_TrackMap-Small.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 66
  • racetrack2.jpg
    racetrack2.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 91
  • bathurst_utes.jpg
    bathurst_utes.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 67
  • view from top.jpg
    view from top.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 66
hi as i live in kaniva victoria australia,,,, bathurst is great,,, for me i watch saturday and all the dramas,,, then sunday morning about 7 am i have breakfast and it starts for me they are mostly doing warm ups changing tyres maybe fixing smashed cars ,,, etc .. before 8 am when all hell breaks loose ,,then its tiolet breaks in the adds and grap a coffee or a stubby ,,, i was up there about 5 years ago in the catered camping village superb beds ,,no idiots in the site ,,as you need a tag ,,, i would luv to do it again well worth the cash regards oldbiker

I was in a pit crew as a lap counter back in '77 and '78, the days of mixed categories, I was with a Triumph Dolomite Team(!), slept in a tent in the paddock, lousy facilities, cars running practice laps at 1am in the morning, no pit lane speed restrictions and remember the tow trucks that were allowed on the track with no safety car, those were the days!
Haven't missed a race, either there or in front of the TV, It's a traditional, Friends, Beer and BBQ day at my place
(go Lowndsey!)

Back