Battery help

hutch08

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So im an idiot....:doh:

I started this XS project about a year ago... I ordered a whole bunch of parts off the start, one of which being a XS Performance AGM battery from 650direct...

The battery has sat for a year.. in a box... out of my mind :doh:

Started working on the chopper project again and realized that the battery has been sitting for a longggg time, tried charging it... no go.

Battery tester says it has 12V, but under "load" the needle fails to BAD/REPLACE violently.

I tried using a good 12v battery to fool the charger into giving it some juice. Does anyone else have an idea to bring this battery back to life.

If you think I threw away my $60, does anyone know of the smallest sized battery that will crank over the 650 with electric start...

Thanks!

I got a bad AGM from MikesXS too. Did not last a week. Fought that voltage problem till I was blue in the face. I am thinking your $60 is bye-bye, but at least you found out quickly.

hmm... i didnt even bother contacting mike... its been awhile, and i doubt there was even any sort of warranty on it.

true enough, better on the workbench than the side of the road

Last edited:
Mike will replace stuff if it's truly bad, at least he has for me too.

I bought a "NGT Extreme" (AGM) from CarQuest auto parts for $76.00, no core charge, and it works great! I gave them the Yuasa battery #YTX14AHL-BS. I only use the kicker, but I rarely need to charge it either.

well i sent off an email, see what he says... and from the searching ive done.. it doesn't seem like theres a smaller replacement than the stock size battery if you're planning on keeping the e-start

Back