Battery question

Poverty

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
does anyone know what this little nipple is between the terminals on the ballistic battery

Mine just came today .. Was looking at it working out a battery box/ mount then relized where i wanted to run the tie down there is this rubber nipple .. nothing one the box or paper work states what it is

when I ordered it .. the pic of the 8 cell they had was flat where the nipple is ???

ballistic_8cell_evo2_600.jpg

Thats a charging outlet I just had to charge mine with there special charger :banghead:

really ?? cause the paper work that came with mine says (quote) ANY automtive or motorcycle based charger is acceptable to recharge your ballistic performance components battery as long as it has a auto-shut off at 14.4v to prevent over charging

standard charge : 2A @ 13.2-14.4V for aprox 45 mins or until the battery registers 14.4v

sound like someone sold you the whole bar

It's possible that their special charger is a balancing type. Yes you can charge these batteries directly through the posts and be fine, for awhile. Eventually the individual cells will get out of balance, meaning the individual cells will all have different states of charge. This is bad because the cells with a higher soc will get overcharged and be damaged.

Back