Battery Terminals??

davem222

davem222
Reaction score
Hey guys,
After much thought, I think I'm going to go with a 12V 7Ah battery (for my 79 2F with kick only, non-LED head and tail lights and LED rear blinkers, stock ignition). I've been looking around and noticed some batteries have F1 and F2 Terminals. Are those usable? Do I want to get something with more "normal" (for lack of a better term) motorcycle battery terminals? Anyone here either a) running F1 or F2 terminal batteries or b) know where the best place to buy a 12V 7Ah battery w/ "normal" terminals is? Thanks!

Dave

Without a starter you don't need the big beefy battery wires and terminals.

Posted via Mobile

I see. And, excuse my complete ignorance here, what kind of hardware do I need to connect my wires to the F1 or F2 terminals?

An F1 & F2 terminal is basically a spade connector..

Flat thing, about 1/4" wide... Usually find them built into disconnects etc..

Looks like this !!

spade-connectors-female.jpg

I know they are different sizes though, so that may be something to google to make sure you get the right size, or just wait until you have them in hand to check..

Spade connectors should be available just about anywhere they sell wiring.. Also, gotta figure out what size wiring you are connecting to the to ensure you get the correct size for the wire to fit. Maybe something with a nice built in shrink wrap or something.. Dont cheap out when it comes to battery connections !!

I see. And, excuse my complete ignorance here, what kind of hardware do I need to connect my wires to the F1 or F2 terminals?

I use terminals like like the above, but I don't just crimp them. I cut the plastic off, crimp
and solder them. Then cover with shrink tubing.

As for Wire gauge, On my kick-only bobber I used 14 Gauge from battery to ground and up to the fuse box, then 16 after that.

Back