battery ????????

DIRTY DOG

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
ok whats the best motorcycle battery out there I have been through 3 batterys this year all have shorted 2 in wifes bike and 1 in mine last two were auto craft battery's
not cheepo's we have no bike shops here so auto parts stors is all I have other than inter net...any good ones out there the last one let me down on the build off ride.
so who makes a good battery????

Hi Dog,
"you don't get what you don't pay for"
That said, I've avoided laying out the big bucks for candy-assed modern alternative technology batteries and stuck with buying whatever brand of good old fashioned lead/acid battery my local bike shop had in stock.
Surprisingly, their price was less than the Canadian Tire price.
BUT
what does batteries in worse than neglect is vibration.
Shake a lot, those hardtails you ride?

I have this one and so far am impressed for the price and performance.

IB14L-A2

Attachments

• Interstate Battery.jpg
    Interstate Battery.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 119
Since most batteries have a one year guarantee. I would keep taking them back until you get a good one or until guarantee period expires. I have a big crank 210 CCA from battery mart .com in my bike right now 2 years old and counting. Made in the USA.

well it was a lead acid battery 5 days old and it was held down and a 1 year warranty is great exp. when your out in the middle of no where 10 miles away from I don't know where. they cost 55 bucks so there not cheep they have replaced them but I just hate getting stuck out in the middle of corn country.yea the hard tails are hard on them but the last one was 4 years old in wifes bike and it went bad cause I drug it down the road
from a hardtail ls650 I borrowed to test ride and did not strap it down in lol. so I got the money back,( the guy at the auto parts place said just about every one they have sold has came back so i got my money back ) and got a interstate battery to tri now had to drive 45 miles to get it,so here go's

Hi Dog,
didja tell the battery guy "after I dragged it down the highway it don't work so good any more"?
About battery death by vibration, the stock battery carrier is rubber mounted.
Try putting a rubber mat under your battery and holding it down with a bunjie rather than bolting it down solid.

no that was the 4 year old battery lol and there is a 1/4" rubber mat under it I'll try rubber under the top hold down too hope it helps I think there a bad run of them batterys they told me just about every one they have sold has came back shorted,in fact they gave me the money back and said they were not going to sell any more untill they could find out why they were all comming back.

+1 on the agm Big Crank battery. I've had mine for 2 years with no issues on a hardtail, after multiple junk lead acid batteries.

Back