bbbbBut it's a Honda!

Yeah I had a Suzuki V Strom 650, it was probably the best all around, most capable bike I ever owned. You just cant keep em all. :( Would if I could.
View attachment 186830
Not the prettiest thing on two wheels but, you will be hard pressed to find a bike as good.
I have a later 2011 model. After three Honda Transalps.

I too am not a fan of the modern transformer blacked out everything look..with twin headlamps that only have one beam working at a time..Thats one more reason why we appreciate old school designs..My 28 year old Honda is more relevant to me than the new Shadow..I STill think this is beautiful... :pimp:
20200730_182725.jpg

Last edited:
I too am not a fan of the modern transformer blacked out everything look..with twin headlamps that only have one beam working at a time..Thats one more reason why we appreciate old school designs..My 28 year old Honda is more relevant to me than the new Shadow..I STill think this is beautiful... :pimp:
View attachment 186841
If you don't have long legs............
st1100byby.jpg

Bbbbba,bye

Then my advice is to stay well clear of most Ducatis (maybe except Multistrada), and look at BMWs instead.
The Multistrada is very comfy. Tiger 1200 is very comfy. Also, Super Tenere, Stelvio NTX and some others in that league including big & little V-stroms.

If you don't have long legs............
View attachment 186845
Bbbbba,bye
30" inseam makes me vertically challenged on the ST1100..which is extremely top heavy..not to be confused with just regular top heavy..this thing will go over if you brake the wrong way..and bam you're past the P.O.N.R...:eek:

Last edited:
The Multistrada is very comfy. Tiger 1200 is very comfy. Also, Super Tenere, Stelvio NTX and some others in that league including big & little V-stroms.
The Aprilia Caponord 1200 Travel Pack is very comfortable..upright ergos with 0* forward lean...500# 125 hp vtwin engine...I'd consider one...
2015 aprilia Caponord 1200.jpg

Correction with 6 gals of gas the wet weight is 538#..Just about 200# lighter than my Big Red Pig...o_O

Last edited:
My 36” inseam makes a lot of bikes uncomfortable, maybe most bikes. I find a GoldWing very cramped.
Ya know I cant help but think how a big man like you is riding a spindly XS650..I mean I'm only 5'9" and I feel like I am riding a bicycle thats way too small for my old bones to be riding..and yet here we are ready to throw comfort to the wind...just a funny juxtaposition...like ironic..:D

Ya know I cant help but think how a big man like you is riding a spindly XS650..I mean I'm only 5'9" and I feel like I am riding a bicycle thats way too small for my old bones to be riding..and yet here we are ready to throw comfort to the wind...just a funny juxtaposition...like ironic..:D
The XS650 is fairly generous from the seat pan to the top of the pegs. I can go long on it.

View attachment 186841

Was that seat on the bike when you bought it??.........is it a day long seat?? .......whats it like??

was going for 20 questions but ran out of ...???????

Was that seat on the bike when you bought it??.........is it a day long seat?? .......whats it like??

was going for 20 questions but ran out of ...???????
Yes the bike was already farkled for comfort including the Russell Day Long Saddle...It raised me up almost 2" thus alleviating all my aches and pains from the stock seat..which was too low and too cramped between the seat to the footpegs... I can literally ride in comfort all day long..

Back