before it gets too deep

ChopperRobb

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
alright an electrical wizard im not. so....here's my slew of questions. i have the ballistics battery called the evo50. it is a 4 pb-eq/ah battery (which i think just means it 4 amp hours) im not running a starter or signals...just headlight 40/60,led tailight, highbeam indicator, speedo light, and a mini horn from drag specialties....i guess my question is, will this battery work and not blow up on me? or do i need a larger battery? im planning on locating the battery inside the old starter housing since it fits....any and all advise amd expertise would be helpful before i get too deep.

robb

It should work ok as long as your charging system is working right. If it charges at to high a voltage it will hurt the battery. Blow up, I don't think so. A dead short may do that. As far as being inside of the starter housing, just be sure it's sealed up so oil can't get in.
It might get a bit warm in there. This can lead to the battery failing early. I prefer to keep things like that as well as the reg/rec, coils, out in the open. They all need a good air flow to keep from over heating.
The stock battery was in a rubber box, so maybe air flow ain't so important on that.
Leo

Leo,
Thanks for the info man. Just wanted to make sure before I finish all the wiring and battery placement only to find out its all for nothing. Thanks again.

Back