Better join in then.

Hi Yoozy,
nice work. Nice background, too. Another typical British Compromise:-
"Six mil to tear it down vs two mil to turn it into an industrial heritage site"
BTW, how do the local plod let you swan around without a Giant British Bedsheet number plate?

Haha, I took the plate off. I'm a proper artist,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The pit is Astley Colliery. We used to climb the head when we were kids,,, when I say climb, some stood watching :rolleyes:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astley_Green_Colliery_Museum
Just a museum now with a load of stationary engines put putting away every now and then. You can mooch round whenever you want really. The engine house is fantastic. It's only round the corner from my house. Everywhere round here is steeped in mining history, the canal, railway lines, pit houses etc. Sadly, it is history. I can remember my dads mates going down the pit, drinking together, everyone knew each other, everything was simpler and easier then (sigh). It's not like that anymore and after that shit in Paris last night it's good to come to places like this for a wander round.
Christ I need a beer now :laugh:

Managed to find a better piccy.

image_zps92rmt2ar.jpg

Last edited:
- - - I can remember my dads mates going down the pit, drinking together, everyone knew each other, everything was simpler and easier then (sigh) - - -

Hi Yoozy,
simpler and easier perhaps, but better? Not so much. Those miners didn't have to worry about how to survive on the basic old age pension because they died of emphysema before they were old enough to qualify.
FWIW my home town of Bristol was full of Welsh doctors, lawyers, scientists and engineers who were told by their coal miner fathers:-
"Dropping out of school to go down the pit, are you? The day you do that is the day I break both your legs."

Aye lad, good job!
If she were mine I'd throw a set of Special headers on her for the nice curve and then straight back with some 27" reverse cone Dunstall repros.......just too many bends on that exhaust setup that steals the eye away from the rest, but good job!
Are we really ever done?

Good looking build.
IMHO, you can never go wrong following the 3 basic words of good design.
Form Follows Function.
One of the better looking/designed seats I have seen as well. Is that a modified stock pan, or did you make a new one?

Hi Yoozy,
simpler and easier perhaps, but better? Not so much. Those miners didn't have to worry about how to survive on the basic old age pension because they died of emphysema before they were old enough to qualify.
FWIW my home town of Bristol was full of Welsh doctors, lawyers, scientists and engineers who were told by their coal miner fathers:-
"Dropping out of school to go down the pit, are you? The day you do that is the day I break both your legs."

My old man was/is a plumber, he's 70+ now and back in the day they did everything, usually had lead in his lungs every day, along with the asbestos which he still has with him. I asked him what I should do when I leave school, I just thought I'd be a plumber like him, but he told me to be an electrician because all they did was change light bulbs all day. After 20 odd years of rewiring houses with hammers and chisels then using chasing machines my wrists, elbows and shoulders are buggerred and me knees, and me :laugh:

Eeeeee what can yer do :)

Aye lad, good job!
If she were mine I'd throw a set of Special headers on her for the nice curve and then straight back with some 27" reverse cone Dunstall repros.......just too many bends on that exhaust setup that steals the eye away from the rest, but good job!
Are we really ever done?

Can you show me please :)

These silencers are Brituro, they sound ace. My favourite bits are the rear mudguard, don't know what it's off, it were cheap on ebay and reminds me of an old upright speedway bike, and the waste pipe on the forks. I think it needs a bit of colour in places, maybe some brass fixings? Then maybe some,,,,:laugh:

Good looking build.
IMHO, you can never go wrong following the 3 basic words of good design.
Form Follows Function.
One of the better looking/designed seats I have seen as well. Is that a modified stock pan, or did you make a new one?

Taa. The seat is just the Motolanna sr/xs universal one. Best thing apart from the looks, and it is pretty comfy btw, is they are dished underneath a bit and that gives you a bit of room for tackle under it. The front has 2 prongs which slide under the tank nut nicely and mine has a long bolt welded through some flat plate stuck on the back with epoxy and then riveted. That's secured through the tab I welded on the rear loop. They sit on the frame rails spot on btw :thumbsup:

what rear tyre do you have fitted ? i like the tread pattern on that one.
I hope we get to see some video of it running some time

I do like the industrial pics too. A nostalgic reminder that we did used to make things.

yep... we used to own the Companies that made stuff once upon a time . :(
Now Britain is owned by the rest of the World !

Can you show me please :)

These silencers are Brituro, they sound ace. My favourite bits are the rear mudguard, don't know what it's off, it were cheap on ebay and reminds me of an old upright speedway bike, and the waste pipe on the forks. I think it needs a bit of colour in places, maybe some brass fixings? Then maybe some,,,,:laugh:

Here's a shot of the Special head pipes and the Dunstall silencers. Thinking the Special models head pipes would give her a smoother flow. Those Brituro silencers on yours almost look like stock Specials.

done003_zps8b01d738.jpg

And now, dear friends, back to our regularly scheduled broadcast.

Fresh oil in forks and new rear shocks. Made quiet a difference to the ride and the stance. Back shocks are 14" Hagons, the tyre is about an inch off the ground on the centre stand. I can still get my feet flat on the ground. Mucho happyo :thumbsup:

image_zpsjrqheqle.jpg

image_zpsuctxdp9m.jpg

image_zpss7vumepi.jpg

All my bikes end up looking scramblerry :bike:

Last edited:
yeah its ok i suppose ......well...... you know ......its quite good .........ok so its bloody fantastic and I want it happy now .:D:thumbsup:

Back