Better join in then.

My old man was/is a plumber, he's 70+ now and back in the day they did everything, usually had lead in his lungs every day, along with the asbestos which he still has with him. I asked him what I should do when I leave school, I just thought I'd be a plumber like him, but he told me to be an electrician because all they did was change light bulbs all day. After 20 odd years of rewiring houses with hammers and chisels then using chasing machines my wrists, elbows and shoulders are buggerred and me knees, and me :laugh:

Eeeeee what can yer do :)

ask your Dad if he still has hard calluses across the insteps of his feet ...:wink2::D

You can always spot a Plumber or Heating installer by that unique callus . you used to be able to smell a Plumber years ago by the bosswhite, tallow and flux rubbed down their trousers :laugh: ask me how I know .

ask your Dad if he still has hard calluses across the insteps of his feet ...:wink2::D

You can always spot a Plumber or Heating installer by that unique callus . you used to be able to smell a Plumber years ago by the bosswhite, tallow and flux rubbed down their trousers :laugh: ask me how I know .

Your 76 like me dad :laugh:

Your 76 like me dad :laugh:

:yikes: noooooooooo but I'm from the same era . :laugh:
Back in the early 70's I used to put in a complete installation in a day by myself . Bathroom suite, Kitchen Loft tank , Cylinder, H&C , wastes, overflows, make good .. the lot all for the princely sum of £33.00 a day :( I wonder how many sub contractors were getting a cut before I got paid grrrr

Eye mate, I'm a housebasher, well I was. Rewires, house a day every day, me and me mate. Plastered anorl :thumbsup: we made some serious money for many years but it was dire when I bailed out.
I'm having a heart attack just thinking about it now :laugh:

always envied the sparkys !
Nice clean work indoors in the dry and warm whilst I was up on the roof in the snow and ice bashing bits of lead around :(
It was on one of those days in 1980s whilst knocking the ice of my tools I decided I didn't want to be doing that when I was 60 so I enrolled at night class for O and A levels . Then a full time HND course then an Architectural degree at Oxford Uni how about that !
I was finally in the warm and dry but it took 7x years of study .
Then I decided I didn't want to be an Architect so I started my own business in interactive visitor attractions but thats another story :D

Funny old life isn't it

Certainly is mate. I'd of got the strait jacket on anyone who predicted what I'm doing these days. Still can believe it tbh.

I got me new tank painted, going for it tonight :D

image_zpsyjf7auln.jpg

:bike:

gorgeous colour :thumbsup:

Seeing your tank I'm now hankering after fitting one of those flush 5x screw filler caps in polished Aluminium . I reckon that would look fantastic against that colour and leave the tank nice and flush for a tank pack

I was thinking like one of these yummy fings :bike:

Attachments

• petrol cap.jpg
    petrol cap.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 116
dunno :shrug:

I just think they look superb especially on a cafe

I'd swear it's a Prilla, but I ain't sawing my new tank up for no one :) it's the bizzle shernizzle.

Hi Yoozy,
I don't speak Mancunian but back in Bedminster we'd say that tank don't look too shabby.
What is that colour BTW? On my screen the photo shows it as a midnight blue metallic.
You could of course saw up an old tank to go flushmount.
But if I'd gone to all the trouble and expense of cutting, welding, reshaping and repainting to do that, let alone laying out the cash for the flushmount cap, I dunno if I'd want to scratch it all up with a tank bag.

Neh then Fred, it's Jaguar XF something or uther according to my man. He said it'll pop purples and greens when the suns on it. We won't get any sun here till May so I'll have to be patient :(

My other tank is for sale if anyone's interested :D
Immaculate paint and a spotless inside btw :thumbsup:

Clubmans or clip-ons, "mate"(!) Make it a true café! The 'look' it's got now is screaming "...lean forward and wide open throttle!" On this side of the pond, we have wide open spaces that make you WANT to find out just how fast it can possibly go! And mountain roads with never-ending "twisties", where you can lean her over until you scrape things (just to show your chums how big your balls are). Looks like you've almost got her outfitted to run the Isle of Mann in vintage class! Very nicely done! Now take her out and go for it!

I will as soon as the pma's nailed on :laugh:

We have a few places you can still go for it without the fear of plod nabbing you. The XS isn't for that really though. She's me chiller bike.

I've got this for that stuff.

IMG_6098_zpsxsny9qre.jpg

:bike:

Back