Big bore cam chain adjuster issue and missing part... I think

Jaymichael

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys. Sort of a 2 part problem. First off I seem to be missing a part on my cam chain tensioner assembly. As per the parts diagram in my hanes manual it lists a spring seat or "dampener" as Ive seen it discussed in other threads. Its part number 21 in the diagram below. Is this just a washer or is it actually a cup that supports the shape of the spring? I cant find it anywhere, if its special I am going to need one by the looks of it. Can anyone confirm this is the correct part to order from mikes?
https://www.mikesxs.net/product/18-0873.html

Secondly, from my reading it seems my type C tensioner should work with Mikes big bore kit. I understand that I will not be using the 6 bolt housing and that I will just install the threaded shaft, plunger and spring. My question is now that my acorn shaped long cover will no longer have anything to screw into I can't see how this is not going to leak oil. It looks like there are smaller acorn covers available at mikes for other style tensioners, is this my solution? Or should I be looking at an entirely different tensioner assembly.

Any thoughts super appreciated
Cheers

Sorry, forgot the pictures

Attachments

• FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 210
  • FullSizeRender(2).jpg
    FullSizeRender(2).jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_8595.jpg
    IMG_8595.jpg