For Sale - Big bore kits $350???

Following.. Suppose there is actually a positive to the hole fitment issue. It seems that the 10mm+ holes are smaller than the original and do barely fit over 10mm- studs.
That being the case at least it seems the 10mm holes are "good" in both location and perpindicularity to the cylinder base and top planes? Hope so. It still seems better to me to have well located straight holes than oversize poorly located or even crooked holes. A guy can improve the size diameter a tad if they are good otherwise.

Following.. Suppose there is actually a positive to the hole fitment issue. It seems that the 10mm+ holes are smaller than the original and do barely fit over 10mm- studs.
That being the case at least it seems the 10mm holes are "good" in both location and perpindicularity to the cylinder base and top planes? Hope so. It still seems better to me to have well located straight holes than oversize poorly located or even crooked holes. A guy can improve the size diameter a tad if they are good otherwise.
Given that I put down my hard earned cash on what's advertised as a "bolt on kit," I expect both correct alignment and correct hole sizing. Consider that not everyone has a drill press.

Given that I put down my hard earned cash on what's advertised as a "bolt on kit,"/QUOTE]

I checked it is advertised as a bolt on kit. Just not mentioned is you just have to tap it on with a block of wood and a 5lb hammer.:cool:
And then pray you sell the bike before it needs to come off.
upload_2021-3-26_18-55-53.png

Last edited:
This is funny...........Not laughing at you guys who have been shafted, just that 650trader has been dissing mikesXS (in the states), for trying to get products made from someone else and how that has led to poor quality and a bad rep.............How Mike L, (supplier of the products that MikesXs, 650Direct and heiden Tuning sells), has been dissed by the regular crowd when it is MikesXs ( in the states), who has undermined the quality of products by going away from Mike L (wholesaler) and getting products made form other sources that are substandard and give Mike L a bad name........

Personally i think Joe, from yamahaxs650.com, is a straw man for Mike L, and the site was made to sell products and undercut MikesXS in the states and they have used it to sell a bad batch of Bigbore kits.....Remember they had 50 and had sold 25 before he removed the information stating how may they had left in stock......

The old saying............ if its to good to be true, it usually is.......Wheres Joe

650skull: Just found out what you are talking about an hour ago and made it right.
Not surprised you, Grizld, and a few other a holes that are just looking for anything to dis Mike about have
just jumped on this. We don't know what happened other than the factory may have again made some of the
special 860cc cylinders we made before that had no dowel pin holes. We will inspect all remaining stock.
As of March 31st. 2021 the kit price goes to $450.00 and everyone can thank you guys. Joe on behalf of Mike Lalonde

As of March 31st. 2021 the kit price goes to $450.00 and everyone can thank you guys. Joe on behalf of Mike Lalonde
Why???
Nobody that bought one has bashed you or even asked for anything other than whats up?
I realize some of the guys seem to have a hard on for you and you for them. Why take it out on the rest of us??????

factory may have again made some of the
special 860cc cylinders we made before that had no dowel pin holes.
This isn't about the dowel pin holes, it's about the cylinder stud holes. Go back to post #19.
Take the time to read the posts. It's about the stud holes.

650skull: Just found out what you are talking about an hour ago and made it right.
Not surprised you, Grizld, and a few other a holes that are just looking for anything to dis Mike about have
just jumped on this. We don't know what happened other than the factory may have again made some of the
special 860cc cylinders we made before that had no dowel pin holes. We will inspect all remaining stock.

Smart............using me as an excuse to put the price up........Wanting every one to blame me when you were probably going to do it anyhow.........

Read what the problem is and not what you want it to be......

Back