BIG MOUTH with a microphone!

Yeah!!!!!!!!! I agree!!!!! I think we have been saying that all along too. We can't get rid of the guns, we need to enforce the laws.

And I have lived in other countries. 12 years in the Marine Corps, 4 years in the Army. 3 years in Okinawa, 2 years in Germany. 2 tours in Iraq. Trained with the Canadian forces and worked with Para Ordinance (who make good guns by the way) And I know exactly how other countries feel about us...and you.

Now I'm going to go order some online drugs from Canadia and have them mailed to me.
haha nice

How do you stop the crazy buggers from getting guns when their neighbors buy them for them ? You already got 25% of the worlds prison population in the good ol USA , more people locked up than most of the world combined , more people in prison than most countries have people . Time for a new plan I think, unless you just want to lock up the rest of the population .

I guess we will do it the same way y'all do it up there, since y'all have it under control.

Oh, wait...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/02/10/illegal-guns-in-canada_n_1269448.html

Or as littlebill31 says, maybe the same way y'all can do something about the illegal pharmacies.

Oh, wait...

http://patients.about.com/od/buydru...Prescription-Drugs-From-Online-Pharmacies.htm

This organization in your country crows (and probably rightfully so) that their supplies are as good as anything sold down here. But they still are engaged in promoting an illegal activity.
http://patients.about.com/gi/o.htm?...2.ip_&tt=2&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http://www.cipa.com/

Who owns the definition of the words?
It may seem moot to some but it screams ignorance to me when firearms are reffered to as weapons or guns.
Anything that throws a projectile is a gun and anything that can be used offensively to inflict injury is a weapon. Let's get the terminology correct for arguments sake and drop the hysteria.
Again, who owns the definition of words? the ones that will win the debate.

Well I am not ignorant and a firearm is a gun and a weapon. The words are relative and can be used in a specific nature if so wanted i.e. Firearm, rifle, shotgun, pistol, but we all know what we are referring to in this tread.

A firearm is also classified as any destructive device. A grenade, technically, is a firearm.

A bow shoots a projectile. Is that a gun? Is an arrow a projectile or a missile or both. It would need a tube to actually be a gun though.

Or you can argue with this http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/921

Lets not start a word definition battle thread.

In fact we need to get rid of this damn thread.

Take no offence.
Also, classifieng the specific to the general is illogical. For instance....a cast iron frying pan is used in the commision of a murder as a weapon- therefore- all cast iron frying pans are murder weapons. Illogical.
Referring to firearms as weapons is the first step in concession.....they are first and foremost a firearm (specific) untill used as a weapon. I have many firearms that will remain firearms untill I have to shoot some stupid SOB to protect life or limb...and even then, would it be a weapon when used in self defense?
My sister was murdered with a 3 1/2" penknife...legal knife length in the state of NJ. I wish she had been armed at the time of the attack. As a result of that family history, my 3 daughters have been taught the safe use and handling of firearms. They all know how to determine what caliber round to put into the chamber, cock, aim, fire and hit what they're aiming at. If hunting they can field dress, skin, butcher, cook and eat the game. In these neck of the woods people know not to fuck with the Allen girls.....and if that's not enough, they will have to deal with their father.
15 years at being a 4H Shooting Sports instructor, retired.

Ah, gotcha. Understood.

But you have to agree. A frying pan was designed to cook, a firearm was designed to inflict harm.
And that is why smart people, as yourself, know the difference and what they can do if used improperly.

You have to understand. My entire military career, and Government work, we referred to any firearm, gun, knife, bayonet, anything that killed, as a "weapon". But mainly personal firearms such as rifles and pistols. "Gun" was a huge no no in the Marine Corps. It gets driven into your brain. Rule 1, "Treat every weapon as if it were loaded".

I was a Military Operations Urban Terran Instructor for a number of years and the range supervisor when LAPD and Orange County Sheriffs trained on our live fire ranges. (Which was a full size town with sewers and 25 buildings. All live fire)
Sounds like your girls have more knowledge and have been taught more than some of the "professionals" I supervised. And I mean that in a very good way.

Last edited:
Let's not forget there were no guns, firearms etc used during the 9/11 hijackings. Instead, they used dirt common box cutters:

Boxcutter_1_large.jpg

and that's why we can't carry penknives etc on airplanes now. That's what we keep referring to when we say it's not the tool, it's the person holding it.

(BTW, that boxcutter is a Tobias Wong, it sells for $95.00. http://www.citizen-citizen.com/products/boxcutter I guess it's not as dirt common as the hardware store types.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)

Basically the guy is eccentric and a loner, he had once shot at a car on his property. (That used to not be terribly unusual, there are plenty of stories around where people shoot trespassers, when I was a kid it was commonly done with rock salt which stings like a bitch. It's one way we kids learned to respect other people's property.) He was sleeping when his house was broken into, he shot and killed one burglar and wounded the other two.

He was sentenced to life for murder, it was later reduced to manslaughter which carries a shorter sentence. One of the worst parts is that one of the wounded guys who broke into his house used taxpayer money to sue him for damages. That same guy dropped the charges but there are rumours that there is a $60,000 price on this Martin guy's head. All for defending himself against burglars.

I don't think I want this to become the norm over here.

Let's not forget there were no guns, firearms etc used during the 9/11 hijackings. Instead, they used dirt common box cutters:

Boxcutter_1_large.jpg

and that's why we can't carry penknives etc on airplanes now. That's what we keep referring to when we say it's not the tool, it's the person holding it.

(BTW, that boxcutter is a Tobias Wong, it sells for $95.00. http://www.citizen-citizen.com/products/boxcutter I guess it's not as dirt common as the hardware store types.)

thats quite the pricey box cutter. Do you think it has a .10 blade in it?
Jail for former bikie who slashed bouncer's throat with box-cutter at Seven nightclub in South Melbourne

A FORMER bikie who slashed the throat of a bouncer and stabbed another in the chest after he was refused entry to a South Melbourne nightclub has been sentenced to at least three years' jail.
Stuart Townsend, 22, used a box-cutter to attack three security guards who would not let him into Seven nightclub because he was wearing runners.

County Court Judge Richard Maidment said Townsend, who had been drinking at his brother’s birthday party, slashed the neck of a bouncer in a “brutally unjust and unprovoked” attack, creating a 20cm laceration that required 27 stitches.

He then used the box-cutter to stab another guard in the chest and threaten a third, before running off.

The July 15 attack outside the club was captured on CCTV.

The court heard the young Keilor man, who was expelled from the Finks motorcycle club for drug abuse, had fallen in with the wrong crowd.

“He comes from a very good family,” defence barrister Tas Roubos said.

“He is literally the black sheep and we’re trying to bring him back into the fold.”

Mr Roubos said Townsend had diagnosed personality disorders and self-medicated, using up to a gram of heroin and methamphetamine and four grams of cocaine each week.

The barrister said his client was ready to turn his life around, particularly after his continuing stint in Port Phillip Prison’s restrictive Charlotte management unit.

Mr Roubos said corrections authorities were extra vigilant since the murder of a high-profile prisoner, and Townsend had been placed there for his protection after a phone intercept revealed an inmate was discussing him.

The fact that Townsend was in lockdown 23 hours a day was probably a good thing for his rehabilitation because he would associate with fewer inmates, Mr Roubos said.

Judge Maidment said due to Townsend’s drug addiction, mental health issues and violent prior offences – including one in which he attacked a number of victims with a garden stake – his prospects of rehabilitation were “guarded, at best”.

“Attacks on security officers at licensed venues late at night or in the early hours of the morning are not uncommon,” the judge said.

“The court must impose proper sentences that deter others from offences of that kind.”

Townsend pleaded guilty to intentionally causing serious injury, intentionally causing injury and assault.

He was sentenced to four years and 10 months imprisonment, with a non-parole period of three years, minus the 139 days already served in pre-sentence detention.

“The only thing that saves you from a much more substantial sentence is your youth and guarded prospects of rehabilitation,” the judge told him.

Boxcutter_1_large.jpg

Now that is a whole 'nother can of fish. The 911 story is- at best- very hard to believe.
When I saw Bill Clinton shake his finger and say "how dare you" to a lady on the podium who dared to question that story I was reminded of his "I did not have sex with that woman" line.

That's good.

I like the "percentage of firearm deaths compared to firearms owned" statement.

On another note. Idiots like this need to have their head examined and stripped of their rights to do a lot of things. I don't care if they were birds, they just killed for fun. Sick. That can be considered a sociopath and is a common trait of murderers.
Maybe we need to check out people who just kill for pleasure? I'm sure everyone of us know someone who does twisted stuff like this.
Or is it different because they were just animals?
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-washington-state-beach-authorities-say?lite=

Now that is a whole 'nother can of fish. The 911 story is- at best- very hard to believe.
When I saw Bill Clinton shake his finger and say "how dare you" to a lady on the podium who dared to question that story I was reminded of his "I did not have sex with that woman" line.

Is there direct proof? No. But there is certainly a good bit of circumstantial evidence, mostly from cell phone calls by passengers.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...9/what_you_think_you_know_about_sept_11_.html

From that article:

2. The misconception: We know how the hijackers seized the planes. Within days of Sept. 11, Americans believed they knew how the planes were grabbed: Terrorists had taken control by stabbing pilots, passengers, and flight attendants with box cutters and knives.

What's wrong with the story: It's incomplete and misleading. We don't really know what happened on the planes. The cockpit voice recorder survived neither New York crash and was damaged beyond salvage in the Pentagon crash. The Flight 93 voice recorder doesn't start until several minutes after the hijackers took the plane. What little we know about tactics and weapons comes from phones calls made by passengers and flight attendants. As Edward Jay Epstein has pointed out, the evidence is incredibly paltry. No one on United Flight 175, which crashed into the World Trade Center, reported anything about weapons or tactics. One flight attendant on American Flight 11, which also crashed into the World Trade Center, said she was disabled by a chemical spray, while another flight attendant said a passenger was stabbed or shot. On the Pentagon plane, American Flight 77, Barbara Olson reported hijackers carrying knives and box cutters but did not describe how they took the cockpit. And on United Flight 93, passengers reported knives but also a hijacker threatening to explode a bomb. The box cutter-knives story isn't demonstrably false, but it serves to divert attention from the other weapons and to mask the fact that we don't have any idea how the hijackings happened.

At one point, the investigators found that some of the hijackers bought 'utility knives' such as Leathermans and they were not found in the belongings they left behind.

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-01-27/...ijackers-utility-knives-large-knives?_s=PM:US

There's no way to be 100% sure. The people who could answer those questions are all dead. It's pretty certain (although not 100%) that it wasn't done with firearms, though.

Is there direct proof? No. But there is certainly a good bit of circumstantial evidence, mostly from cell phone calls by passengers.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...9/what_you_think_you_know_about_sept_11_.html

From that article:

2. The misconception: We know how the hijackers seized the planes. Within days of Sept. 11, Americans believed they knew how the planes were grabbed: Terrorists had taken control by stabbing pilots, passengers, and flight attendants with box cutters and knives.

What's wrong with the story: It's incomplete and misleading. We don't really know what happened on the planes. The cockpit voice recorder survived neither New York crash and was damaged beyond salvage in the Pentagon crash. The Flight 93 voice recorder doesn't start until several minutes after the hijackers took the plane. What little we know about tactics and weapons comes from phones calls made by passengers and flight attendants. As Edward Jay Epstein has pointed out, the evidence is incredibly paltry. No one on United Flight 175, which crashed into the World Trade Center, reported anything about weapons or tactics. One flight attendant on American Flight 11, which also crashed into the World Trade Center, said she was disabled by a chemical spray, while another flight attendant said a passenger was stabbed or shot. On the Pentagon plane, American Flight 77, Barbara Olson reported hijackers carrying knives and box cutters but did not describe how they took the cockpit. And on United Flight 93, passengers reported knives but also a hijacker threatening to explode a bomb. The box cutter-knives story isn't demonstrably false, but it serves to divert attention from the other weapons and to mask the fact that we don't have any idea how the hijackings happened.

At one point, the investigators found that some of the hijackers bought 'utility knives' such as Leathermans and they were not found in the belongings they left behind.

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-01-27/...ijackers-utility-knives-large-knives?_s=PM:US

There's no way to be 100% sure. The people who could answer those questions are all dead. It's pretty certain (although not 100%) that it wasn't done with firearms, though.

Of course the box-cutters issue is the least of it when it comes to "inconsistencies" in the 911 story.

LOL, here we go with the conspiracy theorist.

"The Government blew up the buildings". "The building next to it was rigged to implode". Ya, I heard that one. Right after Jesse Ventura wrote it in his paranoid conspiracy book.

It's the grassy knoll all over again.

LOL, here we go with the conspiracy theorist.

"The Government blew up the buildings". "The building next to it was rigged to implode". Ya, I heard that one. Right after Jesse Ventura wrote it in his paranoid conspiracy book.

It's the grassy knoll all over again.

"conspiracy theory" is a fairly modern term for "heresy" i.e. it is a way of silencing discussion on forbidden topics. I've looked into this particular topic quite a bit and while I have no idea who did what the physics of the official explaination do not hold up.

That is science of course, which at one time was also a heresy.

BTW there were 3 sky-scapers in the WTC complex that fell straight to the gound that day only two of which were hit by airplanes.

Believe what you want. For many ignorance is its own reward.

"conspiracy theory" is a fairly modern term for "heresy" i.e. it is a way of silencing discussion on forbidden topics. I've looked into this particular topic quite a bit and while I have no idea who did what the physics of the official explaination do not hold up.

That is science of course, which at one time was also a heresy.

BTW there were 3 sky-scapers in the WTC complex that fell straight to the gound that day only two of which were hit by airplanes.

Believe what you want. For many ignorance is its own reward.
The way building #7 fell if that was not droped by pros. Well.................:shrug:

Back