BIG wiring day tommarow!

projectxs650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Tomorrow is a big day for me, i've spent the last 8+ months slowly gathering parts to build my xs. I have all the main components to start the bike, minus a few misc. parts like a brake rod and what not, stuff that i won't need to get it started.

I'm not gonna lie, i'm pretty nervous. I have close to zero experience with wiring, let alone wiring a motorcycle, a motorcycle that i haven't really dealt with before. Not to mention I have to google nearly everything to figure out what it is and what its for.

I'm looking for some words of advice. For those of you who haven't had any experience prior to your xs, how did you fair? any tips or 2 cents? I think this will be a trail by fire situation for me.

All I want is to get the engine to start, i don't need it to be completely functional bike or to be able to ride down the road, i just want it to start.

With all that being said, here is the most easiest wiring diagram that i found and will be using. Wish me luck!

noid-chopperwiringdiagram.jpg

You should have a 20 amp fuse from the battery positive to the ignition switch. The fuses for ignition, headlights, tailights should be 10 amp only.

Keep a fire extinguisher handy for the big start.

Back