Bike Ad, I had to share

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
This is a response to an ad on Craigslist. I saw the original ad for the '81, never really looked close at the pictures.
Then I saw this ad today and noticed the pictures.

http://delaware.craigslist.org/mcy/3408685060.html

The ad, in case they toss it.

"Hey dumb ass, put a helmet on the kid and don't strap him to the bike! Just because you are stupid and ride without a helmet, don't make the same mistake with the kid! Plus it is the law! Also, you never strap a kid to a bike! If you go down the kid will have less of a chance of survival!

RE:I used this bike to ride back and fourth to work. I bought a 2012 Harley that I ride back and fourth to work now. The 1981 Yamaha is in excellent condition.It rides great. Serious inquires only. If interested please call John 302 229-0023.

3Ka3Id3L75La5G15M9cbea533328192981750.jpg
3J63N33H65V65Ee5F7cbefadb59671df4131b.jpg

I am not arguing others peoples stance on helmet laws. Your an adult, you make the choice. However, I do think it is pretty stupid to strap a kid to a bike, without a helmet, and ride around. Even if it is only 100 yrds.

Last edited:
Well, he could put the kid in the travel trunk. That would act like both a helmet and a safety belt....:thumbsup: Course, he would have to drill a few breather holes in it....:D

I think people get caught up in the moment and don't think. This looks like a Grandpa riding a grandson maybe i am wrong but a kid under the age that can;t put his feet on the pegs is wrong and you are asking for trouble.
Bill i thought Delaware was a no helmet state it use to be ????

It is a no helmet state, but anyone under the age of 18 has to wear one.
And you have to have one on your bike, even if you are not wearing one.

Is that a bungey cord around the child's waist ?!

Thats just damn ignorant. I get he may have been caught up in the moment though. I think at very least we can say he made a bad choice, hopefully he never has to reap the consequences of a future bad choice like this one.

We used to bungey cord drunk girl friends and wives on sissy bars all the time. It was either that or leave them passed out on the barroom floor. But at least we put their helmets on their heads.

There was a guy around here that was riding his DOG in the saddle bag and he got a ticket for doing it. He did it all summer but now its just the locals here all the summer people went home and i guest the cops had nothing better to do. DOG loved it
DAMN COPS

Did someone say dogs on motorcycles? You young punk kids :D out there who may never have seen this flick need to watch this entire vid, then go get the movie itself.

Now you are showing your age LOL I seen that in the movies when it was $1.50 to get in. If i am not mistaken Easy Rider came out the year before that movie. Steve Mcqueen was a bad ass in the movis then HAHA!!!!

Attachments

• easy rider.jpg
    easy rider.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 131
Now you are showing your age LOL I seen that in the movies when it was $1.50 to get in. If i am not mistaken Easy Rider came out the year before that movie. Steve Mcqueen was a bad ass in the movis then HAHA!!!!

I got that on DVD as well. :D Steve McQueen was a man's man. My brush with fame:

OAS_jeff_ward.jpg

That's Jeff Ward. He was in On Any Sunday doing a fantastic wheelie on a Honda Mini Trail, that's where this picture comes from. He went on to be a pro supercross racer, then went to this:

nascar_aerocarindy500.jpg

I used to occasionally trail ride with him.

Jeff Ward was by hero back in the day. Not very tall and raced a KX250 and KX500. I have several of his autographs when he raced at Budds Creek and my room was covered with his posters.
He was born in Scotland too.

Jeff Ward = 'The Flying Freckle'. He was sponsored by Honda on an XR75 when we rode together, dayumn was he fast. Here he's featured in a Honda ad of the time:

E75AA09.JPG

Back