Bike cuts out, now won't start

Pickup coil is bad. Picked up a used one today but haven't installed yet. Is anyone making a new one of these? I've been told that they're discontinued. Surely to god there's someone making parts for this thing. Or do I have one of "those"bikes. Damn I hope not.

Pickup coil is bad. Picked up a used one today but haven't installed yet. Is anyone making a new one of these? I've been told that they're discontinued. Surely to god there's someone making parts for this thing. Or do I have one of "those"bikes. Damn I hope not.

There are 2 windings inside the pick-up. Black to orange should be 700 ohms, and black to grey should be 700 ohms. If they are within 10% of that, then the used one should work for you.

Yeah I got the coil on and it started right up. I was just wondering if anyone makes a new one? There's no telling how long this one may last.

No, this is a 30+ year old bike. It has many fans, not as many as say old Harley's. So you can't expect a profit driven company to make parts that they would sell one or two a year.
Once you run out of used parts you can always change to an after market ignition.
The Pamco is a good one.
Leo

Back