Bike won't shut off, PMA & pamco installed

vancityriders

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Ok so I just put in a Hugh's PMA & pamco ignition. Bike starts and runs but when I turn my key to shut it off the lights turn off and the engine still runs. So I have to pull the plugs to get it to stop. I had run it through my key switch but I guess I didn't do it properly...??? Any words of wisdom would be great thanks.:wtf:

Ok so I just put in a Hugh's PMA & pamco ignition. Bike starts and runs but when I turn my key to shut it off the lights turn off and the engine still runs. So I have to pull the plugs to get it to stop. I had run it through my key switch but I guess I didn't do it properly...??? Any words of wisdom would be great thanks.:wtf:

The rectifier/regulator DC output must be wired to the battery side of the ignition switch. If you have the rec/reg output wired to the load side of the ignition switch, then you would be unable to shut off the ignition and the engine would keep running.

Where did you connect the power leads for the Pamco and ign coil? They have to get power from the load side (downstream) of the ign switch.

Thanks deadchef & retiredgentleman for getting back to me. I will draw up my wiring plan and post it, Mr retiredgentleman I will take a look at where I put in the reg/rec and the pamco as I can't recall.. my bike is a hour away but I hope to work on it on Monday . I didn't wire the bike originall but did for the new stuff, but since I have put in the new pieces thr is less wiring now. But thank you for replying & I will post my findings and progress.

Do you have a kill switch ? If not, install one asap . Having a kill switch will allow you to kill the power to the coil ( shuts the engine off ) and still have power to all the lights ( with the key in the on position) .

I didn't have the key on the reg/rec on the battery side. I just swapped the leads over and wham o! She shut off whn I turned the key! :) I'll post some pics whn I get it on the road in a week or so thanks again for your help!

Back