Billet cafe style triple clamp sign-up

So while looking at my stock upper clamp I noticed that it drops down for the forks to clamp in, yours doesnt... If im thinking right then your triple will drop the front of the bike right?

So while looking at my stock upper clamp I noticed that it drops down for the forks to clamp in, yours doesnt... If im thinking right then your triple will drop the front of the bike right?

Yes the clamp will drop the front end a little bit

Any idea how much it will drop? I just barely installed my drop spacers in my forks, it looks like I may be taking them back out if it lower it too much...

I think it's about a 1-1/4" drop. Probably the max you can go before the dust boots will hit the lower triple on stock forks at full compression. This is just like raising the forks in the trees so you maintain full fork travel unlike with lower spacers. If the dust boots do hit at full compression, there is probably a way to limit the bottom end of the travel on the forks (like the lowering spacers limit the top of the fork travel). A spacer would have to go on the damper rod under the upper fork tube. That's what I'm going to look into if the dust boots hit the lower triple.

Cool, well I just installed the 1in drop spacers, so if I pull them out I should be fine, good thing I didnt cut my springs at all... Also im running fork gators instead of dust boots, so I dont have to worry about them hitting!

I note looking at many "modified" bikes that raising the forks in the trees seems to be on the easy "hop up 101" modification list
Check out the Anvil Honda, I've got one of these (the silver one) and the standard setup is for clip ons above the top triple tree, I've mounted the tarozzi clip ons below but kept the standard length above, not the 4"+ as on the Anvil honda

From the start I realised the need to raise the forks to run this BB's top triple tree, but what, if any, apart from reducing fork travel does raising the forks in the trees have on handling?

Attachments

• Anvil-Honda-CB-750-01.jpg
    Anvil-Honda-CB-750-01.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Anvil-Honda-CB-750-05.jpg
    Anvil-Honda-CB-750-05.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 197
  • smIMG00113-20110308-1816.jpg
    smIMG00113-20110308-1816.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 179
rude, it does not reduce fork travel, unless you raise them so much that the forks bottom out by having the dust seals contact the lower triple clamp. Adding a spacer somewhere on the damper rod will reduce travel.. You usually put the spacer on the top part of the damper rod in order to limit the upper part of the forks from extending all the way out of the fork lowers. This effectively limits the travel and lowers the forks. I was talking about doing the opposite if needed to prevent the upper fork from going all the way into the lower part of the fork, which would keep the forks the same length, but still reduce travel. Raising the forks in the trees (lowering the front) decreases rake and trail slightly. If you lower the back end of the bike at the same time, as most do, this will offset the effects of lowering the front. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

So is there any eta on when these will be done and ready to ship out? Im not in a hurry, just wondering...

So is there any eta on when these will be done and ready to ship out? Im not in a hurry, just wondering...

Well technically I should be waiting for the final deposit to come in before I start machining but I've decided that the rest of you who paid shouldn't have to wait any longer so I've gone ahead and started. The triples should ship late next week. I will keep you all updated on the progress.

I did go ahead and send one of my prototypes to Okie since he was the first to pay in full, so we'll get some good feedback from him in the meantime.

sounds great I'll be sending the remaining balance for mine tom. hopefully.

Let us know what you think okie.. allthough i think we will all be satisfied.

bobber bill: what you plan on making next?? haha

Ok guys, great news! Machining was completed ahead of schedule this morning! Just waiting on the SS hardware to arrive and final quality inspections. I will have these shipped ASAP!

Looking forward to getting these out to everybody. For those of you who have balances due, please go ahead and fulfill those so we can get these triples to you without any delays! Thanks again everybody, looking forward to the feedback/

Mine came today. It is for the bike I am building with my son. He thought it was the cats meow. And he is a decent critic comsidering I am a machinist, and have been manufacturing motorcycle parts for several years. He knows what I accept quality wise, and what I reject. Very nice work. We are planning to sand and smooth it a bit this week, test fit it, and then prime and paint it with a nice flat black.

So far, as long as fitment I good, I am completely satisfied. Thanks for getting this rolling.

Mine came today. It is for the bike I am building with my son. He thought it was the cats meow. And he is a decent critic comsidering I am a machinist, and have been manufacturing motorcycle parts for several years. He knows what I accept quality wise, and what I reject. Very nice work. We are planning to sand and smooth it a bit this week, test fit it, and then prime and paint it with a nice flat black.

So far, as long as fitment I good, I am completely satisfied. Thanks for getting this rolling.

Got mine today too, looks great!

got mine looks awesome and bike looks better allready

Thanks again guys! I'm really glad that you like them. Don't be shy, post some pictures up!

I got mine super quick as well. It looks better than I thought it would and I think the drop will be just over 1". I don't have it on yet but will post a pic when I do. Thanks Bill! :thumbsup:

Back