Billet Rear Sets. ALL XS650's

New pics of shifter side and Mid controls!!!!
I used the stock brake pedal, drilled and cut. It is angled back towards rear, and the lever has the angle to match. I can press very far down before it hits the pipe. I now its an aftermarket muffler, but the header pipe is cut pretty short. I hae a 2 into one i will be fitting up in the next few days and take new photos.

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg
Been reading the evolution of the "mid-sets"....really nice work! And what a treat it is to read the step-by-step creative process.
I'm not aware of anything like this....and its just what I've been looking for.
I have an 81 xs650 Special that I want to retain the passenger pegs and kick starter on. It looks like your folding mid-set design accomplishes both of these...right?
If so I want to order a set. What is your estimate about turn around time from actually placing the order? And, how do you want payment made?
Thanks
Charlie

Last edited:
Im a couple weeks out on orders right now. I just sold the set off that bike and I have to make more more mounts and hinges. Ill keep you in the loop. You dont need to pay now, ill let you know when they are ready.

Thanks. Kris

HI Kris,
Just wondering how progress on the midsets is going. If its possible to guess a date it would help me plan out timing of some other projects. Not trying to rush you, just checking in.
Charlie

Yes they are. I am buying machine time next week, cuz im tired of waiting for other people to make parts for me. So, Ill be in the shop all week next week working on projects. Mids, triples, and various other dealings. Ill keep you posted, and as soon as i can get a set ready, you will be the first to know.

Lark, I will use a USPS Flat rate box for you. Being in washington. $11.50
Matthew, If your in KC, that will be around $10 to ship.
I can send an invoice, or you can pay me at durgam605@att.net

Thanks guys, Happy sunday.

Hey man ill take a set of folding rear sets when you have some. 62864

Great, But.....I just ran out of toe pegs a couple days ago. (HUGE influx of orders in the last 10 days)
But right now, Im 2-3 weeks out on deliveries on all my kits. (toe pegs are being made along with solid fot pegs) I would rather you wait to pay, so that i dont have your money for a few weeks before you get your stuff. Ill keep the thread updated. thanks, Kris

Kris,
Got 'em...shipped right away..thanks!.looks great.
Questions:
One lever has the rod-end mounting hole threaded, the other isn't. Which is brake and which for shifter?
Also, two of the four bolts for attaching rod-ends to lever have threads that go clear to the bolt cap and two do not..are these meant for different locations?
Charlie

reagarding the threaded holes, it doesnt matter which goes where, In fact you can drill out the other if you like. I was supposed to give you two with threads. It just makes it a little more secure when mounting rod ends.
As far as the bolts go, I may have given you the wrong linkage pack. It should be 4 5/16-18 button head bolts of the same length, and 4 lock nuts. Not sure how i messed that up. Are they 1/4 inch bolts??? Cuz they shouldnt be. i didnt think i had that size bolt like that. Very sorry for the mistakes. Ill make it right though.

Kris,
If you have threaded levers I'd like to exchange the non-threaded one for a threaded one.
Looks like I did get the wrong bolts/nuts kit for connecting levers to rod-ends. Two bolts won't go clear up the lever edge and there were two nuts missing.
Real life'll do that some days.
If I send the lever arm to you right away what does the turn around time on the parts being shipped to me look like using the same post as you did before?
Charlie

have you photos of your rear sets on xs's with standard pipes I don't like the brake lever set up on Larksnostril (charlies)
looks a bit messy but i do like the stance lower and better than the fast from the past
j

Last edited:
Kris,
If you have threaded levers I'd like to exchange the non-threaded one for a threaded one.
Looks like I did get the wrong bolts/nuts kit for connecting levers to rod-ends. Two bolts won't go clear up the lever edge and there were two nuts missing.
Real life'll do that some days.
If I send the lever arm to you right away what does the turn around time on the parts being shipped to me look like using the same post as you did before?
Charlie

If i have a threaded lever, ill get it out today, Priority mail. If not what wouold you like to do? Ill make it right.

Back