blinker flasher unit

650mark

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
a recommended replacement blinker flasher for my all stock '80 Special is a Tridon HD12. I can't find one anywhere. is there another one that will function like the HD12?
my original oem stock unit died, I replaced it with a cheap $8.00 2-pin auto store unit that works marginally but not really as it should. my bike's charging system is working per spec, the battery is new, all wiring is good to go. any other recommendations?

What's not working as it should mean? Any two prong disables the self canceler function.
Leo

the blinkers flash slowly, randomly on both sides. all bulbs are good and correct, the charging system is putting out 13(at idle)-14.3 volts all the time, battery and alternator are both 1 year old. perhaps this cheapy flasher is the issue?

Build a jumper wire that will plug into the flasher socket from the brown to brown/white wire. Try the signals, do they light up bright.
If so then it's the flasher, if not it is in the wiring. Grounds, connections, contacts in the switch. Wires coming off the switch, often weak solder joints.
Leo

Back