Blowing 20 amp main fuse

Well, looking at the diagram, I can see where the blue (park) wire going into the light switch "could" backfeed to the headlight, so unless there's a diode built into the light switch... I suppose it could power the headlight. Anyone else know for sure?

On a 72 if you have the ignition switch in park and the headlite on/off switch on the headlite will come on. It does backfeed through the headlite on/off switch.

Does that brown wire next to the connector have a cut in it just above the PVC black tape, or is that a crease/scratch? I circled two other spots that may be suspect also. Probably pay to have a very thorough check and also sort out that PVC tape that my come loose.

wire.png

I hope you have solved the puzzle.

Does that brown wire next to the connector have a cut in it just above the PVC black tape, or is that a crease/scratch? I circled two other spots that may be suspect also. Probably pay to have a very thorough check and also sort out that PVC tape that my come loose.

View attachment 173557

It’s a crease in the brown - saw that earlier. Will check out the PVC tape again. Thanks Paul. Really think I got it this time. Been a longer road than I expected (funky ignition switch etc.).

Cleared up multiple problems and potential problems with everybody’s help.

Really appreciated. Love this site. It’s a game changer.

View attachment 173557

That is well spotted Paul .congratulations.I did not notice it and as i Mentioned has not seen before.
There are some checking and repair to do. There

Perhaps there is a sharp edge somewhere that has made the cut.
And under the PVC tape might be another Problem.
I throw it out here not saying if it is acceptable or not. Just as a suggestion
I sometimes solder in wires.
And in later years used something like that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat-shrink_tubing.

Automotive shops sell it and with a hot air gun it becomes quite neat

Back