Bought bike, rode home, now no spark

long as there is a new regulator that WORKS! A voltmeter where you can see is pretty much a have to have. Voltage spikes kill iggys the tyronic may be a good solution....
http://www.tytronic.com/tytronic/products/7797124.html
billy icon may have one in the box yet.
So this set up as you see it, is correct? Except for possibly the regulator? I was under the impression, that there are some wires that are supposed to come out of one side of the cam which I do NOT see... Am I correct in my assumption?
Gong to check the tytronic link now.

a meter that stays mounted in ride sight is a good plan. small digital meters are a dime a dozen these dayz.
your wires...
Left Side Cam.jpg

Does the box that is disconnected have fins ?
yes = old voltage reg
No = if it has a 6 or 8 pin connector then probably TCI igniter.
What is your battery voltage ?

Does the box that is disconnected have fins ?
yes = old voltage reg
No = if it has a 6 or 8 pin connector then probably TCI igniter.
What is your battery voltage ?

No it does NOT have fins. It is a flat box (about 6" long, 3" wide by 1" in height) mounted under the battery box and the plug just dangles. It is an older looking part.
Behind the motor is the newer "regulator" as seen in pictures of the newer kits. And it is plugged in.
I'll have to run another check on the battery voltage.
So can you confirm these parts are supposed to be the change over parts of the "upgraded or after market" ignition system?

a meter that stays mounted in ride sight is a good plan. small digital meters are a dime a dozen these dayz.
your wires...
View attachment 169592
OK, thank you!
I'm going to assume there are other wiring issues involved if all these parts seem to be the after market "change over" ignition parts. I'll try to get voltage readings later on today.

I really appreciate everyone's help. so ummmm . . . .keep it coming!

90% sure it's the TCI box for the stock ignition. Should have a sticker that sez Hitachi. You might pull it off and list it on the forum . Worth $$$ and you won't need it unless you go back to stock.
abbrEYg3.jpg

Yeah... could be the rotor died and was changed to PMA. That meant replacing the TCI iggy. Possible it's still good.

OK, so yes, the TCI box in not in use.
ALSO, Just tested the battery voltage and while not running 12.3 ... while running 12.3 (seems wrong). I also noticed one of the wires near the battery was getting very hot. Not sure where it goes to yet, but I will trace to find it's purpose.

Back