Bought bike, rode home, now no spark

That is probably one of 3 white wires coming from the generator to a connector on the harness. If the white wire that gets hot is one of those then you probably have ether a short in one of the diodes in the rectifier section of the regulator or in the wiring from the stator to the regulator. If the problem was beyond the rectifier then all three wires would be hot. If it's hot near the connection to the main harness then your wiring to the stator is probably ok but worth checking. Very common to have problems with the stator wiring because of it's routing near the chain and crap crimps on the pins in the connector.

So sounds like a short wired in, use a pma wiring diagram check how this was done.
simplified-wiring-cap-pma-pamco-jpg.88175
I ordered the trytonic part, and as I look at this diagram, I don't believe I have the "PAMCO" part on the bike. What is the purpose of this part?

I ordered the trytonic part, and as I look at this diagram, I don't believe I have the "PAMCO" part on the bike. What is the purpose of this part?

This is a pamco
left-side-cam-jpg.169589

To test a Pamco.......from this link http://www.xs650.com/threads/boyer-and-pamco-ignition.46859/
Testing the PAMCO
Use a voltmeter and check for battery voltage on each of the red/white wires with the key and kill switch are turned on.
2, The dual output coil has to have both spark plug wires connected to a spark plug at all times.
3, To test for spark, connect one of the spark plug wires to a spark plug that is grounded to the engine.

To test for spark without having to turn the engine over, do this procedure:
. Remove the PAMCO rotor.
2. Remove the locating pin in the advance rod.
3. Reinstall the rotor, but without the pin.
4. Replace the nut holding the rotor on loosely. This will allow you to spin the rotor to produce a spark without having to turn the engine over.
5, Connect one of the spark plug wires to a spark plug that is grounded to the engine, but not installed in the engine.
6, Make sure that the other spark plug wire is connected to a spark plug in the engine.
7. Turn on the ignition switch and the kill switch.
8, Spin the rotor while looking at the gap in the spark plug for a spark.
9, Turn off the kill switch and the ignition switch.

What is needed is a set of comprehensive photos displaying all the parts discussed in this thread........closeups are good but also some photos that give a wider view.........This pic shows the pamco but if the angle was showing the board, then a burnt out part may be seen ............

Buying new parts without fully understanding what is wrong won't solve a problem...........Might, if your lucky, more likely going to cost more when the new part doesn't solve an issue..............Diagnose, diagnose, diagnose, then diagnose some more...........not knowing is not a problem.........will learn on here from those that do...........Lots of pics help others see something that may not be in the discussion.................

OK, Today I got more into the bike and found the connection from the stator to the regulator was fried so bad, the connector plugs are stuck together and plenty of evidence of burning, mostly from the one wire coming FROM the stator. I'm going to mark these wires and probably end up cutting them to test. I suspect one or both of these parts are going to turn up bad.

May have to go into the wiring loom a bit.............when i done my, 2 single phase, rectifier swap the 3 white wires were hard due to excess heat running through them.........traced the hard wire back into the loom quite a way...........

If your plugs have melted the wiring has had a fair bit of heat running through it.......

Back