Brake Booster Check Valve Query

Shakey

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am well into my current build (http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19541) and I have a single-port breather outlet on my '78 SE top end (lucky me). I have been following the discussions regarding c/case pressure and the fitting of a brake booster check valve and would like to pursue this route for myself. I believe they are easy to find in parts stores in the US - not so here in UK! I have tried numerous auto parts suppliers and they just don't have anything like.
Does anyone over your side have one they would be willing to sell and post to the UK? Hopefully shipping will be reasonable as it looks like only a small piece.
Any input would be welcome.:thumbsup:

must be down to my inadequacy then rather than limited UK availability...

interesting that another search on ebay UK reveals items only available from the US...
I must try harder.

yup googled it and again can only find US references. I also took the part number I found on an earlier thread on here and presented that to a major parts dealer and he didn't recognise the number nor could he find it on his system which is why I assumed it might be a US-only part. Scrapyard is a good suggestion - they at least should know what I mean even if it goes by a different name here in UK.

Something like this? I bought two just in case, so I have one brand new in package.

According to USPS shipping would be about $9.

21uDYmSwDVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That'll do nicely sir. How much do you want for it? I can do a Paypal transfer which I think is cheaper than an international bank transfer
Simon

The manufacturer of the part in question is Dorman, HELP is the name of a series of parts.
Put Dorman HELP Parts in your search box.
When you get to the Dorman website click the where to buy. Put in your adress. see what comes up. American cars get sent over seas so I think Dorman parts get sent too, maybe not. Worth a try.
Leo

Thanks for the suggestion Leo - it looks like Splexin has come up trumps for me.

Back