'brand new' 79 for sale?

I'd hardtail the shit out of that.
superhack.gif

J/K, not actually serious
hidesbehindsofa.gif

Nice find!

That's a real fine lookin bike:thumbsup: However, sitting that long without running the engine is not good. I hope the engine was at least kicked over once in a while.

In a damp climate (Netherlands), the engine could be seized. All rubber parts, such as oil seals, and tires, would be in bad condition.

The best thing for these bikes is to run them...................the worst thing for them is to sit in a crate or on display.

That's a real fine lookin bike:thumbsup: However, sitting that long without running the engine is not good. I hope the engine was at least kicked over once in a while.

In a damp climate (Netherlands), the engine could be seized. All rubber parts, such as oil seals, and tires, would be in bad condition.

The best thing for these bikes is to run them...................the worst thing for them is to sit in a crate or on display.

yeah, i imagine it would need some love before you kicked it over. it would be real cool though to sniff around a basically brand new bike like this.

any guesses on what it will sell for? :D

Or the 1962 Trunch Thunderbird--I'd almost forgotten how ugly those were, with the pastel paint and doghouse rear end. Now I'm gonna keep seeing that thing like a tune you don't like but can't get out of your head.

Or the 1962 Trunch Thunderbird--I'd almost forgotten how ugly those were, with the pastel paint and doghouse rear end. Now I'm gonna keep seeing that thing like a tune you don't like but can't get out of your head.

That Twenty One refers to cubic inches I believe Grizld, I have a black '61 Thunderbird 650, & yes they were so ugly, it's hard to find one with the original "bath tubs". Thank God for the sawzall gang.

Twenty one c.i. is only about 350 c.c.'s, not 650.

That Twenty One refers to cubic inches I believe Grizld, I have a black '61 Thunderbird 650, & yes they were so ugly, it's hard to find one with the original "bath tubs". Thank God for the sawzall gang.

Hi Okie,
thing is, you can remove the bathtub and keep it safely stored until it comes back into fashion and a color change is just a fizz-can away.
But you can't get back from a sawzall job without a frame assembly jig and a skilled welder.

Hi Okie,
thing is, you can remove the bathtub and keep it safely stored until it comes back into fashion and a color change is just a fizz-can away.
But you can't get back from a sawzall job without a frame assembly jig and a skilled welder.

I'll keep mine original

Twenty one c.i. is only about 350 c.c.'s, not 650.

That's correct, Triumph Twenty One is a 350cc twin, but the rear tubs & styling is identical to the 650cc Thunderbird. :bike: Colors are different. Mine is all black, but most are silver/black. It has patented Triumph "slick shift". It actuates the clutch with the gear lever, so once at speed, you can shift without using the clutch lever.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 181
Back